Alex R

Barcode Scanning using CodeCorp CR6022 and ME GS2107 & FX3S

3 posts in this topic

I've plugged in a CodeCorp CR6022 barcode scanner into the RS-232 port on a GS2107 GOT/HMI, which is connected to an FX3S (via RS-422).  The GX Works ladder code that I was given by a colleague (who is now away this week) uses D20.6 and D10.6, but these don't seem to work on FX3S (I think he uses L-Series PLCs). 

At the moment I have nothing working (no beam is produced), hence no data is transferred to the HMI/PLC.  Can anyone help me get going on this (with the correct ladder code and PLC & HMI settings)? 

I don't think the FX3s Supports bit level actions on Data files, ie D1.0 is not allowed, you could convert the D file to M bits by (MOV)ing D file to K4M0 using the M bit then convert back to D file (MOV k4M0 D0) or conversely use the GOT display to do the donkey work utilising scripting.

Steve

Thanks.  Just seen your message.  I have got the scanner to work now: the lead's plug wasn't fully engaged!  Yes, in the end I had done what you said and converted to and from M bits.  Great minds ….