jjt2309

fx2U write option grayed out in GX Developer

6 posts in this topic

I cannot download to plc the option is grayed out I can read program and parameters but cannot write it's been a while since I have used this software? Please help. I have establish communication with transfer setup, usb to serial DB9 using com 5.

Edited by jjt2309
mistakes

First, no such thing as FX Developer.  Second, no such thing as FX2U.

Are you using GX-Developer?  Full version?  Because the downloadable demo version can't go online with a real PLC.

How are you connecting?  More detail on your setup might get you a good answer.  Serial?  USB to Serial adapter?  Cable?  Version of GX-Developer?  Version of Windows?

Unless you want us to guess, you have to completely explain your problem.

Sorry for the confusion it's aFX2nc 32MT-DSS, GX developer, usb-serial db9, have establish communication using transfer setup. windows xp. thanks

Do you use GX-Developer-FX? If yes it can download limit at 1000 steps in your program.

You either still have a monitoring window open (like entry data monitor) or are in the read mode.

Close all windows and press F2 to go to standard edit mode and then try again .

It is most likely that during the installation of GX Developer - the read or monitor only option was ticked.

This is there for maintenance staff to see the program but not be able to change it (ie write to plc)

A reinstall without the monitor only box being checked will allow writes.