malc cope

Remote connection using eWon

6 posts in this topic

Hi All

I am using a eWon unit to give me access to a remote network (IP range 192.168.0.***) using TIA portal V14, which connects to 5 S7-1200 PLC's  ,1 LOGO , 8 basic HMIs plus 7 other devices which are not of siemens manufacture.

The issue I have is that if I am connected directly to the network I have no problems whatsoever, however, if I'm connected remotely using Talk2M ecatcher,  whilst I am able to go online, i.e download, upload, monitor etc  to the PLC's and other devices, I cannot connect/download to the HMI's' also if I use accessible devices in TIA portal it does not find any devices other than a PC on the local network (IP 10.0.0.***) , even though I can connect to the PLC's. If I ping the all of the addresses on the network I get a successful response.

Anyone have any thoughts?       

Hello,

I'm no Siemens expert but I'm currently remoted into a Siemens controlled machine through an EWon as well. I'm using TIA V15 connected to a couple of S7-1500 PLC and several Comfort HMIs. I have the same thing, accessible devices only shows the local network and I don't see any options to have it search the network I'm connected to through the EWon. TIA can't go online to the HMIs either but I'm able to download to them. If you want to go online with the HMI to monitor and control the HMI remotely you just need to select Online/Simulation/Start. Sorry I don't have any solutions to you exact issues but I hope that helps a little.

Hi Wulfgar

Thank you for your response, at least I know now I'm not the only one seeing this problem, the only slight difference is that I cannot download to the HMI's

Google the differences in layer 2 and layer 3 communication. 

The Ewon VPN will only pass an IP address not the profinet name it is looking for.

1 person likes this

I've never used eWon but isn't that a Chinese product that connects to Chinese servers? Given the uncertainty of their security, I would suggest using Siemens Sinema.