ixoo

An absolute beginner needs help with a PLC!

9 posts in this topic

Hello !
I am new to the forum and in the world of PLCs,
I need to make a small home project and I have bought a PLC with the denomination FX3U-32MT-3V3I-8O100K-K-1 in e-bay (see attached picture)
The seller does not provide  operation scheme, he says that to program it, gx developer can be used.
I have GX version 8 installed on my laptop.
The PLC has an RS-232 port and I use a usb adapter of the ugreen DB brand. Serial adapter cable with the Prolific PL2303 chipset.

My problem is the communication between the GX developer and the PLC, when I make a connection test I see the error 01808201.

I do not know ho to configure it  or what type or series it is,  i do not know withc cable to use, or whatever i'm doing wrong:shrug:

If someone can point me in the right direction, I will be very gratefull!!!:clap:

Greetings from Barcelona!

Joan

s-l1600.jpg

Sense títol.jpg

plc series.jpg

plc type.jpg

i'll will read all to see if i can find the solution

thanks  Garry!

Joan

Please make sure your posts are in correct forum section and - this is the right one for Mitsubishi and co.

FX series is a compact line of Mitsubishi PLCs. Internet is swarming with offers for open frame clones like this. Originals are packaged in a box.

Either way you should be able to pick this from the menu by changing family from Q to FX. Q-series CPUs are "big brothers" and this product does not belong to that family...

You've decided that the programming port is RS232, because you see the connector DB9F, while in the description to the PLC at all its sellers is said that the port is RS485. And you must know its pinout. 

ok future , thanks.

I just ordered a new cable usb-RS485,  so i hope this will solve it.

thanks to everybody!

BTW that's definitely not a Mitsubishi FX3U.  Some knockoff product.  Mitsubishi PLCs come in a plastic case with screw terminals, not as an exposed circuit board with Phoenix Contact terminal blocks.