Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dunc

A2AS to E700 comms issue?

6 posts in this topic

i have a strange comms issue with an A2AS cpu.

currently this cpu is connected via serial from the programming port to an E700, this works fine, but we have no spare E700 HMI's so i have developed a replacement on a GOT 2000 HMI.

when i try it on the current CPU, i get no comms at all. i have tried loading up a spare A2AS CPU we have and this works fine, so there appears to be a strange fault with the existing CPU?

some other odd things i have noticed is that on the existing CPU, the program doesn't quite run as expected. it isn't using anything particularly complex, but i have had to alter some new software mods i installed just to get it to work on this CPU. it works as expected on another CPU and on the simulator.
the GX developer program is also set as an A2U CPU? i have tried reloading as an A2AS, but that made no difference.

has anyone got any ideas as to what the issue could be and how to rectify it (other that swapping out the CPU)?

Edited by dunc

Hi Dunc.

Sounds like very odd behavior to me, maybe try a standard ROM format? then reload the program?

Make sure if you are using retentive memory- that you backup the device registers.

Regards

Daniel

Which cable are you using? On what port

done a bit more testing today;

the spare CPU works fine in all situations.

the existing one will communicate with the E700 fine. it will also communicate with the PC using GX developer using a genuine sc-09 lead. however, if i use a non-genuine sc-09 lead, it no longer communicates??? the spare cpu works with the non-genuine lead.

i popped the case of the CPU and couldn't see anything obvious. it all looked pretty good.

i have tried a format (clear plc memory) and this made no difference. i even tried just making up a small 5 line program for testing and it still didnt work.

i am just using the 485 port in the front of the CPU for comms as that is the only option available on this CPU.

i was initially using a  GT01-C30R4-25P(3m) cable and it doesn't work on this CPU, but works fine on our spare one of the same type. all the settings our correct.

i can only connect to this CPU using a genuine SC-09 cable with the programming software. nothing else works.