Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
csanchez

Password DirectLogic 405

2 posts in this topic

Hi... If I forget the password of a DirectLogic 405 PLC... --- Is there a way to reset the password to 00000000? (If the answer is yes) Am i gonna lose the program and settings and i have to reload the PLC? --- Can I look the program i made without knowing the password? I need to make a small modification in a running ESD PLC and also want to increase a little bit the security and I would like to know the consequences of the password thing. Thanks all.

If the password is lost to a Directlogic PLC, the PLC must be sent in to AutomationDirect. AutomationDirect will clear the password free of charge. The password clearing process does involve clearing the program and user memories, so you should have a backup of the program if possible. There are three levels of password protection available. 1. None 2. Program locked, User memory accessable(Password starts with a "A" followed by seven numbers) 3. All memory locked So the only way you can see the ladder is with option 1, no password protection.