Fred Lee

Selectable Timed Interrupt (STI)

4 posts in this topic

I use RSLogix MicroStarter Lite to communicate with RSLogix Emulate 500 via RS Linx Classic.  The processor selected is MicroLogix 1000.  I test STI(see attached file).  It seems the STI subroutine is not running( O:0.0/15 is not ON even the Input is ON).

STI Enable bit is toggling(cannot captured using Printscreen because it is toggling too fast) but STI executing is permanent 0.

Anybody knows why?

Main program file.jpg

Status_Scan times.jpg

Status_STI.jpg

STI file.jpg

Many of the hardware-related features like discrete interrupts don't work in the Emulator;  the Knowledgebase goes into some depth:

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55723

But the STI is supposed to work with the Emulator.

I don't understand why you are enabling and disabling the STI in the same File 2.   It's a timed function, and is going to be disabled except between the last rung and the start of the next program scan.   When did you expect it to execute ?

Hi Ken Roach! Thanks for your reply. I use STE/STD because I do not want the STI to execute subroutine when the controller is scanning certain rung.  Anyway I have simplified the logics at Main program by removing STD(see attached).  Now the STI is permanently Enabled.  However the result is the same.  And I realized now the bit toggle at STI subroutine file is not working.  Now I use Force On at input at STI subroutine file.  However the Bit Toggle is still working at Main file.

Any idea what is wrong?

Main file.jpg

Status_Scan time.jpg

Status_STI.jpg

STI file.jpg

I cannot understand what you are trying to do;  you're forcing Inputs and Outputs off as well as fussing with the STI, and you're doing it all in the Emulator instead of using real I/O.

What is your purpose with this logic ?