bond009

NJ301-1200 -Servo Connection -EtherCAT

12 posts in this topic

Hello All

I am new to sysmac studio, i am using a NJ301-1200  and R88M-KN10H servo drive , i connected the servo to the NJ using ethercat. I was able to write a program where i was able to activate the servo from the NJ using the mc_Power instruction . My question is , i am not able to run the servo using the mc_movevelocity and mc_moverelative . Do any one have any suggestion to how to go from here ..

Post your code.  There is no way to tell what is wrong without seeing it.  

Did you set anything in servo parameters?  Did you wire end of travel limits and immediate stop switch?  Because end of travel and stop are default normally closed, if you didn't wire or change settings the servo is in error.

Servo display an error or 00?  

Safety jumper plugged in or safety circuit wired?

Hello Mr.Michael

Here is the code that i am using and also the Servo axis setttings .

Axis settings.png

Axis settings1.png

Axis settings2.png

Axis settings4.png

Axis settings5.png

Axis settings6.png

Axis settings7.png

Axis settings8.png

Program0.png

Program1.png

Hello Mr.Michael

I also tried the velocity mode and the relative mode , but still the same . The Servo would activate , but not run .

Regards

Venkata

Is your scaling supposed to be 24.82 mm per rev of the motor?  It is not set to that now.  A command of 45 would make the motor move about 81 degrees.  The 1S servo is a 23 bit encoder, so it has 8388608 pulses per rev.

Are there errors on the NJ controller?  Are there errors on the MoveAbsolute or MoveVelocity FBs?

Next time, just export your project and post it...

Hello

Crossbow

I am getting 00 on my display as mentioned .

Regards

Venkata

Hello Michel

I am using a G5 Servo motor for testing , The resolution for the the encoder is 20bit which makes it 1048576 encoder pulses per revolution . The 24.82 mm is something i saw in a different code and used it , since i am new to this i am trying based on trial and error method . On the Servo i am see 00 when i energize the servo  using the power command .

Thank you for you advice , next time i will export it . Learning new every time for experts like you .

You are correct.  For some reason, I thought your earlier post stated that it was a 1S servo.  My apologies.  

Hello All

I was able to make the servo work , it was a settings on the Drive that i had to disable .Once Done its working now . Thank you all for your precious time .

Just now, bond009 said:

Hello All

I was able to make the servo work , it was a settings on the Drive that i had to disable .Once Done its working now . Thank you all for your precious time .

Can you share which settings needed to be made so that others might not have to go through this?  A good rule of thumb might be to start with default settings and work from there.....

Sure sir i will upload the drive settings .

Drive Settings_LI.jpg