Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pappaleif

GX IEC Developer, can't open any project

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

At my work, we are unfortunately still using GX IEC Developer 7.04. All of a sudden I can no longer open any project at all with my GX IEC Developer. I can start the program just fine, but as soon as I choose a project to open I get "cannot initialize communication manager". And after this, I get another 2 "cannot restore parameter file. param.tmp not found" and "cannot restore transfer setup file! cnct.tmp not found!". Doesn't matter which project. And I have opened these earlier with no problem for years.

I have tried reinstalling ALL Mitsubishi software on my PC. And restarting PC.

I can't find a link to any other changes I have done on my PC either...

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Best

11 hours ago, pappaleif said:

Hi all, 

At my work, we are unfortunately still using GX IEC Developer 7.04. All of a sudden I can no longer open any project at all with my GX IEC Developer. I can start the program just fine, but as soon as I choose a project to open I get "cannot initialize communication manager". And after this, I get another 2 "cannot restore parameter file. param.tmp not found" and "cannot restore transfer setup file! cnct.tmp not found!". Doesn't matter which project. And I have opened these earlier with no problem for years.

I have tried reinstalling ALL Mitsubishi software on my PC. And restarting PC.

I can't find a link to any other changes I have done on my PC either...

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Best

Hi pappaleif.

Sorry, cant say ive ever seen this error (ive used this software for 5-6 years). All I can think is maybe there is a conflict with Windows or something (maybe try a system restore?)

Otherwise the only other option you have is to run GX IEC in a Virtual Machine (I run all my software in VM's for these exact reasons).

Regards

Daniel.

I'm running GX IEC Dev on my computer without any problem at all.

But I had a similar situation what you describe with another programming software.

That was a Windows update giving me problem.

Just uninstall the Windows upgrade and it worked again.

I'm running W7 on my laptop and had some issues lately with some programs due to Windows.

Latest version of GX Works 3 won't open any project on my laptop, don't know why at the moment but the support is notified.