The Jamaican

Change CPM1A mode in code to allow saving flash DM

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I want to save some values in flash on the CPM1A. The manual makes it seem that this is possible if the mode of the CPM1A is changed from Run-to-Monitor-to-Run or Monitor-to-Run-to-Monitor.  I have an NTS2.  How do I change modes and will this write the DM66xx values to flash?  I want to know if it is possible before changing the NT2S setup.

Thanks,

What software are you using?

To work with the NT2S the PLC will need to be in Monitor mode.

You should be able to directly change the values in DM66xx.

gtsuport

I am using CX Programmer.  Will writing to the DM66xx memory actually store it in flash so that it remains there even after the Capacitor backup goes dead?  The literature says that you have to change modes to do this.  I have a generator application where the unit can be off for months and want to keep custom setting entered by the customer. 

Thanks,

I tried using CX Programmer to change the DM6614 address but it only keeps the value when I make the change in Program mode.  In monitor mode, the value automatically reverts to what it was before.  Unless the NT terminal does something different, it doesn't look to me like writing to flash will work.

You can only change the setup parameters in program mode.

What exactly are you trying to change?

You need the start up mode to be monitor mode.  This can be changed in the Settings with CX-Programmer.

I believe this change in permanent and will not depend on the capacitor.

Thanks,

Jeff

Just checked the manual:

This area is stored in flash.

CPM1A_Flash_Memory.jpg

Edited by gtsuport

Yes and any Programming Device doesn't mean a terminal device I guess, so it cannot be done. 

The plc sees anything plugged into the peripheral port as a programming device, including the NT2S.

Just set the plc to start up in Monitor mode.

Otherwise it will start in Program mode.  The NT2S cannot change the operating mode.

gtsuport