Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DanielMay

1762-IT4 help

3 posts in this topic

1st time user and i'm trying to get some program examples on how to use the input. I have the 1762-IT4 on a Micrologix 1400 with a non grounded J type 

thermocouple and what I would like to do is set up the card and use the min max in the program and when the temp reaches a given setpoint it'll set a warning light.

has anyone done this before? thank you in advance for the help.

Daniel

I've never used that particular combination before, but I just created a program in RSLogix 500 and added a ML1400 with an -IT4. After you add the -IT4 to the I/O Configuration, double-click on it to open the module properties. Then click on the tab for the channel you're using and set the options. Enable the channel. For what you're doing, I would set the data format to "Engineering Units" and the rest appropriately. The "Open Circuit" setting tells it what to do when it detects a broken wire. For a heating circuit, going "Upscale" is the preferred option since that will cause the heater outputs to turn off. You get to choose which option works best in your application.

Once it's set up, you will have 6 words in your input table associated with the module. The first 4 words are the values from the 4 channels. Words 4 and 5 are status words.

Here is the installation manual:
https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1762-in013_-en-p.pdf

Here is the user manual:
https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1762-um002_-en-p.pdf

The memory map starts at pdf page 31.

Is this an existing system or are you building it from scratch?

To just turn on a warning light, you would wire the warning light to an output and just use a GRT instruction. Source A is the TC signal, source B is the setpoint for the warning. If you want to make the setpoint easy to change while it's running, you can use an integer register for Source B. You can also just use the actual setpoint there.

The TC module has some diagnostic bits that you might want to experiment with to do error checking and to maybe flash the light if there's something wrong.

FORUM_TC.RSS

Joe,

Got it thank you very much! this is for a new system to help with over heating and destroying bronze bearings.

Daniel