Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael Walsh

NC281 Error (posted by GK237)

5 posts in this topic

From a private message from @GK237:

I am using CJ1W-NC281 Position Controller with R88-1S servo drive with absolute encoder(23bit) ,In my application, I want to  move servo linear from 0mm to 15000mm  and In axis parameter, dispaly unit parameter ,value set -mm and command pulse count per motor rotation ,value set -8388608 and work travel distance per motor rotation, value set -204mm and using absolute command bit, I give command to servo drive run 14000mm  then alarm come and alarm code 6700, absolute movement position error, what should I do to solve this problem.

What are your software limits set to?

5cdc1c8e8c88d_SoftwareLimits.thumb.jpg.7

Also, what is the setting of Software Limit Function Selection (two settings above the highlighted setting)?

Not that I've ever used your drives/motors, I'm think that there might be a following error with a deadband setting for alarming and stopping the drive.  If you command an axis to a specific or absolute position and via comparisions of accel, velocity and encoder position, the drive might be determining that the servo is not "closely" following the commanded motion within the deadband.

Check for binding in the axiz, or slipping between the servo and the final driven element.  Lastly, recheck your encoder wiring for mis-wiring or a loose wire.

If I am understanding the initial post correctly, this error occurs as soon as he issues the command.  Also, I believe that the following error is monitored in the drive for this module.