Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaulB

Mitsubishi newbe

4 posts in this topic

Hello everybody. I am getting new job very soon. My new employer uses exclusively Mitsubishi PLC. I am not new to PLC, but most of my experience with the Allen Bradley Control Logix, SLC-500 and old Automax. I have zero experience with Mitsubishi brand. Does anyone can give recommendations how to make transition as smooth as possible, what possible pitfalls I may face, and what significant differences are between Allen Bradley and Mitsubishi? Should I start my learning from reading PLCs manuals or from GX developer software manual? I am not sure what particular models of PLC, and what software is used by employer. Are there analogy in the PLC networking between Allen Bradley products and Mitsubishi? Thanks in advance for advice. PaulB.

Every vendor of PLCs does things just slightly differently. You'll find the Mitsubishi language pretty easy to learn. The first thing I would do is go to www.meau.com and download the FX Programming Manual II (JY99288101) and Q Commom Instructions Manual (forgot the number). These have the basic programming command set for the FX or Q series PLCs. A series is fairly similar to FX. Q is the latest and greatest. Other difference betsides programming commands will be addressing structure. The addressing is covered in the FX book. Been a while since I checked the Q book for it, but I think it also covers addressing.

just get the GX developer manual, it is a good start - ib(na)0800190 there are also tutorials on this server and some big topics on moving from AB to Mitsubishi.

Thank you for help. I just downloaded GX developer on my PC. I have read it is 15 days demo mode, so I may play with the software. There are also folder Manuals in this download with the 9 manuals. I'll have "nightstand" reading. I have found old thread: learning Mitsubishi. It is very informative. Panic Mode, exelent job. Again Thank you, guys. PaulB.