0608jai1990

Data Exchange Between two S7-300 CPUs via MPI Protocol

5 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I would like to know  if two S7-300 CPU can exchange data via MPI protocol using X_Put and X_Get blocks.
is it possible to test the data exchange via PLCSIM to verify.

CPU1 = 313C-2DP
CPU2 = 312

Please advise.
Thank you.

Edited by 0608jai1990

2 hours ago, 0608jai1990 said:

Hi Everyone,

I would like to know  if two S7-300 CPU can exchange data via MPI protocol using X_Put and X_Get blocks.
is it possible to test the data exchange via PLCSIM to verify.

CPU1 = 313C-2DP
CPU2 = 312

Please advise.
Thank you.

It is possible but you are limited to data amount due to the protocol and communication method.

For 300 <--> 300 you are limited to 76 Bytes using either the GET/PUT or the SEND/RECV blocks.

See here for further information.

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/21537047/options-for-communications-via-mpi?dti=0&lc=en-AT

Regards

Daniel

Hi Collinsd70,

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to know if it is possible to simulate it using PLCSIM, by using X_PUT and X_GET

For an example, i would like to send 1 byte of data from CPU313C(DB1.DBX0.0...0.7) to CPU312.

How can i simulate in PLCSIM?

Thank you
Best regards

23 minutes ago, 0608jai1990 said:

Hi Collinsd70,

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to know if it is possible to simulate it using PLCSIM, by using X_PUT and X_GET

For an example, i would like to send 1 byte of data from CPU313C(DB1.DBX0.0...0.7) to CPU312.

How can i simulate in PLCSIM?

Thank you
Best regards

I dont think this is possible (please dont quote me on that) as I dont believe MPI Protocol can be emulated in PLCSIM.

The only method I can think of is to use 1 PLC and 'Net to PLCSIM' but you will need to change your connection type to Ethernet for this to work.

In summary I think it will be easier to get the hardware and test as it will be in real world- or you can send me both your compiled projects and I will test across 2 PLCs for you....

Regards

Daniel