Nyame Ephraim

Hello, please, how do i wire a square wave generator to my AB 1400 to simulate HSC

8 posts in this topic

Hello,  please i wish to simulate HSC in Allen Bradley 1400 using a square wave generator. i have built and tested the square wave generator it works well, the issue is how to wire it to Allen Bradley 1400.

also i wish to understand IO Configuration filter settings, am using Allen Bradley 1400 B series Processor 

Thanks 

Square wave generator simulating with AB 1400 for HSC.pdf

Hello Pcmccartney 1, thanks for the video, but  if i can get the wiring diagram it will help me more.

Thanks Tim.

Minor concern that his simulator is powered at 9VDC, hopefully it still works.  In otherwords, the switch on and switch off voltages are acceptable.

That looks correct as long as your wave generator has a sinking output.

Looking at the NE555 (Texas Instruments), it says that the output is a TTL, so in my mind it's sourcing not sinking.  I would expect the output of the generator to be turning on and off at 5V.  I question whether you can even apply 24VDC to the COM 0.  I haven't read the ML1400 specifications, but you would also need to know the threshold voltage at which IN 0 will be seen as "On' or "Off".