Kabil

Read and Write service with NJ/NX series PLC through OmronEthernetIP Protocol

3 posts in this topic

HI, 

Intention:

We have NX701-1700 and NJ 101-1000 plc's and we want to do read/write  service with NX/NJ plc through ethernet IP protocol. 

Query 1:
    Will you please suggest the command which we can use for read and write job with NX/NJ and the command structure of the same.

Query 2:

Will you please share Supported operands and their opcode's for NX701-1700 and NJ 101-1000. Please share the relevant manual document for NX and NJ through ethernetIP protocol.

Thanks

Kabil

You can set up a tag datalink between the two so that they automatically share data back and forth.  Or you can use a CIP Messaging command to only send the data when you want.  

The EtherNet/IP manual is installed with Sysmac Studio and is found here by default:

C:\ProgramData\Omron\Sysmac Studio\StartMenu\Sysmac Studio\Manual\NJ_NX Series (you can find it in your start menu).  

The instructions for sending a message only when needed are:  CIPSend and CIPRead

However, I would recommend using FINS and the SEND and RCV instructions.  You can find a write up on this process here:

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/topic/28291-help-with-send-function-block/

On 4/17/2019 at 8:45 PM, Michael Walsh said:

You can set up a tag datalink between the two so that they automatically share data back and forth.  Or you can use a CIP Messaging command to only send the data when you want.  

The EtherNet/IP manual is installed with Sysmac Studio and is found here by default:

C:\ProgramData\Omron\Sysmac Studio\StartMenu\Sysmac Studio\Manual\NJ_NX Series (you can find it in your start menu).  

The instructions for sending a message only when needed are:  CIPSend and CIPRead

However, I would recommend using FINS and the SEND and RCV instructions.  You can find a write up on this process here:

HI Michael,

Will you provide the below document.

Note:

I have installed the sysmac studio trial version (standard Edition ver 1.20.1). I could not able to find the startmenu.

Thanks

Kabil