Moises

Omron NX1P2 to Non-Omron DC servo motor

10 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I have a project, it consists of PLC Omron (NX1P2-9024DT1) Sysmac studio program, and Festo servo motor. The motor driver is: CMMO-ST-C5-DIOP, and the gear is ELGR-TB-35-300-ST-E-FR.

It is my first time to work on Omron, and I am very new on PLC world and I have no clue how to declare the servo on sysmac. I cannot find any help materials on youtube or google.

Could you guys please help me with all the available you have, advises, tips, experience etc. anything.

Thanks in advance

Moises 

The CMMO-ST-C5-DIOP is a stepper drive with digital input to activate point to point position or record sequence already program in the drive. You don't need to declare as servo in sysmac. 

6 hours ago, eulno said:

The CMMO-ST-C5-DIOP is a stepper drive with digital input to activate point to point position or record sequence already program in the drive. You don't need to declare as servo in sysmac. 

Thanks for your replying Mr. Eulno,

How can I declare the motor and drive it by I/O signals of PLC?

I am trying a lot but I do not find any way.

You need to read the manual for the drive and see how it wants to be controlled.  If it's a simple digital input, you control it with one of the PLC's digital outputs.  Never seen that servo so can't really provide more details than that.

Crossbow is right, just use a digital outputs to activate the motion you want. All position and motion needs to be program in the Festo configuration tool software.

We use this driver very often. You need the Festo Configuration Tool to program the settings in the drive. You can use this drive like a stepper motor, so a relative move on every pulse on an input (see attached scheme) or you can program fixed positions into the drive. A position is selected though the inputs. So on your (Omron) PLC you just use digital inputs and outputs.

Festo DIOP.JPG

You will need PNP output. 

4 hours ago, ahbest said:

You will need PNP output. 

My mistake, I don't know the actual drive, I thought that the 24VDC connection at X9-3 was the input common.  If it were, then he would need the NPN module.  It must not be the common then.  Thanks for the correction.

Hello gentlemen,

Thanks for your help, I could fix it. It is working now in very nice way.