Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wendaiyu

How to update FactoryTalk View Studio?

5 posts in this topic

Hi, folks.

I currently have FactoryTalk View Studio Release Number: 8.20.00.

How can I upgrade to 10.0? Do I need to download and install all of them (the attachment)?

Thanks a lot.

FTV.JPG

I believe that you have to purchase V10 through your local Rockwell distributor. You can host two different versions on the same laptop; you just can't mix and match features from one project version to another.

You should be able to update, enter the serial number and product key for the software you have and it will show you if you are entitled to download version 10, i did this recently from version 7 to 10 with no additional purchases

just to add any existing project will be converted to version 10 when you open them

Edited by matt_C_25

I would first try the link that says "Download Software" under "General". You may also need the patch roll-up. If you're using View Point, grab that too. I don't know what WIN-911 is, so I can't advise you on that.

You will definitely want the roll -up.  Solves many long standing issues with regards to conversion of older versions to newer versions and the differences between databases in 32 and 64 bit environments,