arnoldzw

Special function module convert FX2 > FX3

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have an program for an FX2N PLC working in GXworks2.

The reading of BFM,  analog input, i do with an FROM instruction, works fine for me! (see picture)  (Special module type FX2N-4AD)

FX2N.png.02d4d50d0145c259bb46774f4cfaab5

Now i need to convert this program to an newer type PLC, the FX3U.  (with special module FX3U-4AD)

I have set the new PLC type, and compiled the program. No errors for now. 

Should the solution with the FROM instruction work on the FX3U as well without additional settings? Or do i need to configure some additional things in the PLC parameters?

I see the screens as attached below, these settings are not available for the FX2 CPU, but they do for the FX3.

Do i need to configure these or other additional settings here, or can this be empty and leave the program as-is with only the FROM instruction?

FX3U_a.png.5d023dd146845ed08251044dc6641

FX3U_b.png.1ebe40beb44d585266784c9530542

On 09.04.2019 at 0:56 AM, arnoldzw said:

Should the solution with the FROM instruction work on the FX3U as well without additional settings? Or do i need to configure some additional things in the PLC parameters?

Yes, it should, FROM will work without additional things, but you should check difference in BFMs of FX2N-4AD and FX3U-4AD (check manuals).

On 09.04.2019 at 0:56 AM, arnoldzw said:

Do i need to configure these or other additional settings here, or can this be empty and leave the program as-is with only the FROM instruction?

This can be empty and your program will work with only FROM instructions.