Ninza T

Q06UDV CPU connect with Barcode reader Cognex (DM262) by MODBUS TCP(Build in Ethernet)

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I try to connect Q06UDV with Barcode reader of cognex over MODBUS (Build in ethernet PLC).

1. I already finish connect and success with SLMP.

2. Now i try with MODBUS.

a. I used predefined protocol. I try to read and write command to barcode but problem is only read status, can't write.

b. After read manual again i realize: i don't know address MODBUS of Mitsubishi like a picture (Schneider).

c. I read manual of QJ71MT91 then i see address like picture.

=> My question is how i can convert MODBUS address to PLC memory address, how i can read and write to Dataman ?

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

You need to know the Modbus adresses of the Cognex not from Mitsubishi.

In the pre-defined protocol commands you will read/write from/to Modbus adresses of the cognex. You also specify which Dataregisters will have the date to write or will receive the data 

19 hours ago, Gambit said:

You need to know the Modbus adresses of the Cognex not from Mitsubishi.

In the pre-defined protocol commands you will read/write from/to Modbus adresses of the cognex. You also specify which Dataregisters will have the date to write or will receive the data 

Hi Gambit, Thank for your helpful respond. But i could not find Modbus address from Cognex, i attach manual connection from cognex.

CommunicationsAndProgramming.pdf

looks like the modbus addresses are shown on page 3. Try reading holding reg 2001