DonB

Simple project help

1 post in this topic

Hello,

This was posted first in the Mitsubishi forum, but was apparently moved to this category because I'm willing to pay for help with the project. It is a Mitsubishi FX3G PLC.

Original post:

I just joined the forum. We have a small project redesigning a laser pipe cutting machine recently purchased new. I am looking for someone experienced to help and willing to pay for time. I will be learning as quickly as possible but the first step on this project is time sensitive.

A quick description: the laser machine was touted as having a cut length accuracy of +/- .002".(our product is +/-.007")  However, it has a pull collet chuck instead of a push collet (dead length). The pull collet drags the pipe away from the length stop as it tightens and never hits exactly the same, giving us around +0, /-.030" accuracy. We designed a new chuck and it is sitting on the bench waiting for motor programming. We are using a ClearPath SDSK nema 34 servo which operates as SD for chuck rotation. The plc is FX3G 24MT-ES and I purchased an extra used unit for setup and practice.

I purchased GX Works 2 and am trying to figure the correct wiring and programming, but don't want to spend weeks guessing, I'll have time to study later. 

If anyone interested can PM me, I can pass motor specs, etc. 

Thanks,

Don

Edited by DonB