kku

NA HMI Operating System Mismatch

6 posts in this topic

I updated the OS of the HMI but now I get a mismatch message whenever I synchronize. The project version is 7.2.1 but the device version is now 7.3.0

How do I get rid of this message? I guess it's to update the project version but where do I go do this? I can't find this in the manual for the HMI and nothing inside Sysmac Studio seems to allow this.

2019-04-01_9-39-09.bmp

Edited by kku

Hi there,

if you're in NA editing mode in Sysmac Studio, you can right-click on the HMI Icon near the top left, and choose Change Device.
From there you can change the Version of the NA, which is it's firmware version.

I don't know why Omron choose to make the numbers different, but changing that will also change the Project Operating System Version.
So it's kind of a trial and error to find which is right. But of course choosing higher number firmware version will give you higher OS Version as well.

You might not find one that is suffice for your Device, depending on your Sysmac Studio version, because on each update a new NA firmware version also comes.
In that case, use the Omron Auto-Update software.

Alternatively, when that popup goes on, you can click YES so that Sysmac Studio will overwrite the OS and firmware inside your NA to equal the Project OS Version.
Which in your case means, you'll have it downgraded.

Keep in mind also that same dialog will also offer the option when you connect to DOWNGRADE the HMI to match the project.  It shouldn't be an issue, all the files are inside Sysmac Studio to do so.

So is the lesson here to never update the HMI OS to create the mismatch? I have just been clicking 'no' on the dialog box but it's annoying to have to keep doing this.

Also why would you want to downgrade the HMI OS to match the project? 

In regulated environments, it may be necessary to replace an HMI with the exact code in which it was validated. I know it sounds kind of silly but some regulators are getting very strict about upgrading Firmware.

The OS on the HMI doesn't need to be changed, but it makes sense to match it to the project version.  All required files are in Studio, it's an automatic question each time you go online, so why not make them match?  And newer firmwares add new and improved features.  1.11 has a lot of new items...

All units out of the box are still version 1.0.