Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lgbnaft

NJ Move statement versus Inline ST

6 posts in this topic

Problem:   In line move statements in a sequencer do not get data moved before getting to next step.

The attached picture of code shows the sequence steps in question, and the code would stop at sequence step 7 

even though an INT#1 should be in the pass variable when the CAB3_NI_1_04 was equal to 1.

Question:  Is the execution time of an In-line ST faster than using move statements?

I figured the Move statement was in the middle of trying to move the INT#1 and the sequencer got past

the Move before a completed action. 

I wondered if structured text is the answer or am I looking at this wrong.

Move_sample.bmp

Can you show the code that turns on the bits in the sequencer?  My guess is that you are inadvertently turning on bit 7 immediately after turning on bit 6, so the first rung is never executed, or you turn on bit 7 before CAB3_NI_1_04 = 1.  If you post the code in its entirety, we could investigate easier.... 

The sample code does not stop at sequence 7 in simulation.  Once in Step 6 and CAB3_N1_1_04 becomes 1, it moves straight through to step 8.  So, I am guessing that some other part of your code (that was not included in the sample code) is changing ST8_SB_Stage1_Pass to something besides 1.  Not sure if it is when the step 6 bit turns on and then ST8_SB_Stage1_Pass is changed after the rung in the picture, or if it is when bit 7 turns on and  ST8_SB_Stage1_Pass is changed before the rung in the picture.  

I agree that in simulation the code stops at Step 8, but in the NJ-501 processor I had issues with the program stopping at Step 7

and ST8_SB_Stage1_Pass would not move a 1 during Step 6

The current code only "resets" ST8_SB_Stage1_Pass at Step 1 by moving a zero, sorry, I accidentally omitted this in the sample.

I am actually curious if the PLC was bogged down and the memory area for the variable was simply not written to during the sequencer.

I had to increase the periodic task to 2ms due to some overhead issues and non management of priorities on my part.

Back to my original question:

Question:  Is the execution time of an In-line ST faster than using move statements?  (or better said execution time of move statements?)

7 hours ago, lgbnaft said:

Question:  Is the execution time of an In-line ST faster than using move statements?  (or better said execution time of move statements?)

I would be very surprised if the execution time for both were not the same, but have not found anything saying as much.