Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cltoh77

OP030 phase out, any replacement.....

7 posts in this topic

Hi all, I had an OP030 on an 840D system, now the OP030 breakdown, I going to buy a new panel and download the existing program. Unfortunately, the model just phase out on 1 month ago. Can anybody tell me whether any replacement? And if I want to upload the current program, what kind of software I needed? Protool or.....? What is the cable model or configuration? Any input is deeply appreciated. Best regards, cltoh

Hi To extract the software from an OP you need a program called prosave. This will take a copy of the software but you cannot edit it, only download it into another OP. THIS link should show you what to do. BUT, if you plan to replace it with a newer screen, you'll probably need to rewrite the software anyway and possibly think about a different comm setup. The screens are more like pcs now with siemens latest range available HERE. There are still places that will repair your screen, do a bit of googling. I'm told siemens still repair them. HTH

HI RandomFire, Thank you for your advice. After I check the manual of the Prosave, seems like it does not suppport OP030. Is it other way out? Or I had miss out something on the manual? Best regards, cltoh

Hi Ahh really should have read that a bit more before posting. Quite right, it's not listed on either of my prosave versions. Somebody mentioned an old dos program called comtext which you can use for configuring and uploading. I've never used it and can't find out what systems it supports but here is somewhere to buy it.

What was the problem with your op30? I have experience in fixing most problems!

OP 30 panels use a program called COMGRAPH which runs under S5-DOS. You will have problems trying to locate a replacement unit, we are currently trying to obtain 2nd hand units, (see post from Gary Spence further up).

I am not 100% sure about this, but I think there is a utility that can convert COMTEXT and COMGRAPH applications to something Protool can read. You could then convert the applications to a newer panel. Try to contact Siemens with your woes, and ask specifically about converting your old panel applications. If you go this way, do convert to something recent (like OP270 for example), or you will just have to do the whole thing again in a few years time.