Mr. Bit

1746-INT4 Used for Position

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

My apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place.

I am working on a press that is using a 1746-INT4 to look at the position of the ram.  The press is using an LDT as the sensor reading back to the INT4.

It obviously works. The press runs everyday.  I'm wondering if there would be a reason to use this instead of just a voltage or current analog card?

Thank you in advance for the replies.

Are you sure about the model number? That's an isolated thermocouple module for a SLC500 and I can't imagine how that would be used for position sensing. That doesn't mean it can't be though.

What is an LDT? Acronyms don't cross over well from industry to industry (something I have to remind  myself of often)

Thanks for the reply.  

That was the first thing I checked when I saw it.  When i realized it was a Mod it peaked my interest to know if there was a reason.

I copied the program file to this post.

LTD - Linear Transducer.

Thanks again

SCHWABE_3_PLC_2019_01_16.RSS

When i realized it was a Thermocouple Mod*

Look at the physical controller chassis to identify the exact module. I've seen some systems that have a 3rd-part module that's set up in the IO configuration as a TC module (AMCI resolver, for example).

Joe,

Thanks!! 

I actually just got called out to that machine about 10 mins ago and was in the panel.  It is a 3rd party module.  AMCI 7500 I believe (just glanced real quick).

Thanks for your help!

One of the things that I like about this forum is I get a little insight into how other industries use PLC's. 

I forgot the 3rd party modules for SLC's look like standard SLC modules but have very different function.