elbok

Studio 5000 "failed to create new project file...Couldn't be found."

5 posts in this topic

When I try to create a new project in Studio 5000, I get the message  "failed to create new project file...Couldn't be found."

What is causing this problem?

Thanks

What version of Studio are you using? What versions do you have installed? Where are you trying to create the project (on your hard drive, a flash drive, a network drive, etc.)?

What's the exact error code? That may make it easier to find on their KnowledgeBase.

This problem is occurring on two different computers.

The first pc is a Windows 7 environment. I am running Studio v28.0. The error code is 716-80042001.  I have searched specifically for this code and it does not come up anywhere.  The thing is, it was working just fine until recently--I was able to create new projects with no problems.

The second pc is a Windows 10 environment.  I am running Studio v24.02, which I just recently installed.  I am getting the exact same error message and code.  In this case, it has never worked since installation.

I am attempting to save to the pc's hard disk in both cases.  I have tried saving to the default path, and have also tried to save using other paths, to no avail.

Edited by elbok

I'm not finding relevant results either. The best I can see to do is to either "repair" or uninstall-reinstall the software. If you have a support contract, I would suggest submitting a support request. If not, contact your distributor so they can help you do that.