Manny R

Convert PLC5 and PV1400e project to RSLogix 5000 and FactoryTalk View

7 posts in this topic

Hello and help.

We have a customer which has an old machine and we are building a new version of it. Though it runs very similar, the original machine has a PLC5 and Panelview 1400e on it, our new build will have a compact logix (customer request version 20) and an Panelview Plus 7.

They have sent me the old machine PLC logix and PLC5 file, and the Panelview 1400e, which I have attached.

I cannot open these files, and our Toolkit for some reason will not let me download them (i'm assuming they arent supported by our toolkit or similar issue but either way the website is just sending me around in circles)

I was wondering if anyone can get me a conversion, or even a PDF of the programs. Not sure how the Panelview 1400e can be converted but any help would be appreciated.

3017MELT.PVC

3017melt.rsp

The PLC5 uses RSLogix 5, which is a different software package that you can't download if you don't have a license. List price for an RSLogix 5 license was near $10,000 last time we looked. I generated a pdf report of the program with all options selected.

The HMI uses PanelBuilder 1400. I don't have that installed any more but I can look for the install disks (they were 3.5" floppies, IIRC).

3017MELT.pdf

I talked to Rockwell and they managed to send me a license to download and run RSLogix 5.  

Now trying to convert the Panelview 1400e to a file I can open and view.  I appreciate the help though.

Ok. I found the install disks for the PV1400. Eight floppy disks. My floppy drive has been borrowed by a colleague. I should get it back tomorrow.

Any help is appreciated. I'm trying to install a copy of Panelview 1400e, but will not install on my copy of windows 64bit system, and installing it on my virtual PC (windows XP) isn't allowed either.  Apparently if you have a 32 bit version of windows, you can import the PVP1400e into a factorytalk view program, then convert that to an APA which can then be open in a 64bit version of FactoryTalk View Studio.  The running around for this is comically complicated...

I managed to get the 1400e software to install on my XP virtual machine, but we have v02.02.00 and it says the program was saved in a newer version. I then imported it into FT View studio on my 32 bit VM and archived it (I didn't know that was possible until you mentioned it). I don't have FT View Studio installed on any 64-bit machines, so the next step is yours. The archived .apa file is attached. Let me know if that works for you.

The import process had this output:

Multi-Line Alarm Window blinking by [ALARM] not supported.
Alarm Relay flag in alarm messages not supported.
Remote Operation Hold time not supported.
Remote Alarm Control Delay time not supported
Bit Acknowledging of Alarms not supported.
Screen 30 - Trans_ Ctrl _4: Screen Security settings are not converted.
Screen 31 - Trans_ Ctrl _5: Screen Security settings are not converted.
Screen 54 - PH SP Limits: Screen Security settings are not converted.
Screen 62 - PH Maintenance: Screen Security settings are not converted.
Screen 66 - PH Alarms Edits: Screen Security settings are not converted.
Screen 104 - ST SP Limits: Screen Security settings are not converted.
Screen 107 - ST Heat Setup: Screen Security settings are not converted.
Screen 112 - ST Maintenance: Screen Security settings are not converted.
Screen 116 - ST Alarm Edits: Screen Security settings are not converted.
Screen 159 - MC Weekend SP: Screen Security settings are not converted.
Screen 165 - MC Bath Alarms: Screen Security settings are not converted.
Screen 166 - MC Shell Alarms: Screen Security settings are not converted.
Screen 167 - MC Level Alarms: Screen Security settings are not converted.
Screen 168 - MC SP Limit: Screen Security settings are not converted.
Screen 169 - MC Level SP: Screen Security settings are not converted.
Screen 177 - MC Temp Trend: Data labels not supported on Trend's X-axis at (14, 88).
Screen 177 - MC Temp Trend: Trend at (14, 88) could not have property set: XAxis TimeSpan
Screen 177 - MC Temp Trend: Background screen plotting for pens using expression not supported for trend object at (14, 88).
Screen 177 - MC Temp Trend: Background screen plotting for pens using expression not supported for trend object at (14, 88).
Screen 185 - MC Maintenance: Screen Security settings are not converted.
Screen 224 - Reports 4: Screen Security settings are not converted.
Import errors have been logged to C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI Projects\3017Melt\convert.log
For additional migration assistance reference publication 2711P-QS001A-EN-P, Migrating PanelView Enhanced Terminal Applications,
which can be found in the Rockwell Automation Literature Library (www.rockwellautomation.com/literature).

3017Melt.apa

Looks like it worked. I was able to open the apa file with my Studio v9 on my 64 bit system.  Now I can start the boring work of converting it all to a new compact and pvp plus 7.

thanks for the help.