TT

Flashing buttons

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

I was wondering if any one of you could tell me how to set up some basic button functions?

I need a basic instruction on how the followering button setup, could be done on the HMI, preferable with exaples or tutorials etc.

!!! I´m working with the current setup: NX1P2, using Sysmac Studio, Module version 1.25.1.0, along with a NA5-Terminal, version 1.18 !!! 

START_VALVE_1_BUTTON = Toggle, Momentary, Set or ?? - (Need the START_VALVE_1_BUTTON to activate ON_BUTTON & OFF_BUTTON flashing, indicating selection option, ON or OFF, meaning activating start valve 1 mode, or deactivate the mode).

START_VALVE_2_BUTTON = Toggle, Momentary, Set or ?? - (Need the START_VALVE_2_BUTTON to activate ON_BUTTON & OFF_BUTTON flashing, indicating selection option, ON or OFF, meaning activating start valve 2 mode, or deactivate the mode).

ON_BUTTON = Toggle, Momentary, Set or ?? - (Need the OK_BUTTON & the OFF_BUTTON to flash simoustaniously, after START_VALVE_1_BUTTON, or START VALVE_2_BUTTON has been pushed).
OFF_BUTTON = Toggle, Momentary, Set or ?? - (Need the ON_BUTTON & the OFF_BUTTON to flash simoustaniously, after START_VALVE_1_BUTTON, or START VALVE_2_BUTTON has been pushed). 

!!! Hoping to hear BACK from some of you VERY soon, because I need the know_how ASAP. !!!

!!! Write soon !!!

Are you trying to do this all on HMI or along with a PLC program?

If just HMI select the button, open the animation properties tab for said button and execute your expression.

I hope this is what you are seeking. Good luck.

5c782ed35a07e_buttonanimation.png.83ac9c

Hi Akahige

Thank you for your input, it´s very much appriciated.

I am currently using the PLC and the Blink Expression method you are asking about, but it´s only making the outer edge of the (ON) & (OFF) button´s blink and would like the whole button to blink with color change, examplewise from gray to green...?

Right now, I have the buttons working as described in my post from earlier, but I can´t figuar out
how to programe the HMI, when it comes to keeping the Valve buttons lighted up, indicating if it is (valve 1 - mode), that´s was activated by pressing the (ON) button, or (valve 2 - mode)?

Current Button set-up below:

Unactivated:                                          (Valve 1)    (ON)    (OFF)    (Valve 2)
Valve 1 pressed:                                   (Valve 1)    (ON)    (OFF)    (Valve 2)         (ON & OFF) blinking, while (Valve 1) lights up
ON is pressed:                                       (Valve 1)    (ON)    (OFF)    (Valve 2)        (Valve 1) Stops lighting up, after (ON) is pressed, so operator can not see what mode was activated.
                                                                                                                                        I need (Valve 1) to keep it´s light on after (ON) button has been pressed, as shown below?

Needed Button set-up:

Unactivated:                                          (Valve 1)    (ON)    (OFF)    (Valve 2)
Valve 1 pressed:                                   (Valve 1)    (ON)    (OFF)    (Valve 2)         (ON & OFF) blinking, while (Valve 1) lights up
On is pressed, valve 1 mode active:  (Valve 1)    (ON)    (OFF)    (Valve 2)         (Valve 1) keeps lighting up, after (ON) is pressed, so operator can see what mode was activated.

Ex.wise, valve 2 mode active:

Unactivated:                                          (Valve 1)    (ON)    (OFF)    (Valve 2)
Valve 2 pressed                                    (Valve 1)    (ON)    (OFF)    (Valve 2)
ON is pressed:                                      (Valve 1)    (ON)    (OFF)    (Valve 2)

Dealing with this by using the HMI, would be prefered, but if easier with PLC, then we´ll go in that direction?

Hope you can help me with the abowe, before the weekend is all over.) Thank you again A. 

There is no 'pick and choose' option to perform a Tri-State button. I'm sure it can be done in VB but I would find it much easier to do in PLC Ladder.

Set the Variable to your PushButtonVariable and choose 'Feedback (Button)' option in the VisualFeedback field.