Simone B

recovery firmware

7 posts in this topic

Hi I'm new in forum and I am 1 week expert in plc world...
I'm working with driver R88D-1SN04H-ECT rev 1.1.
I don't know how but maybe I have  overwrite the eeprom of the driver.
I just try the procedure to replace it with twincat but a message say: "no valid firmware".
with codesys I forced forced the procedure but it'say that is no good...
and finaly I've try with example "slaveinfo" of SOEM library and it say:
"no valid firmware inside"

I have made the downlod  of ESI file in the Omron site

any idea?

Hello, I would suggest you to try this first :

As you've mentioned, you have downloaded the ESI file from Omron website, which I assume named Omron R88D-1SN04H-ECT.xml
However, ESI file for this servo series cannot work on its own. You need to also download the file Omron R88D-1SNxxx-ECT-Modules.xml, then put it on the same folder the ESI file.
This additional file is like a common library file for the 1S Servo series.
Try again to connect to the servo once you have these set.

I wonder if you really can overwrite the EEPROM driver of the servo... Not sure how you managed to do that, if that's the case.
Did you have successfully connected to the servo before this happens?

1 person likes this

Thanks for your answer!

21 hours ago, innoaloe said:

However, ESI file for this servo series cannot work on its own. You need to also download the file Omron R88D-1SNxxx-ECT-Modules.xml, then put it on the same folder the ESI file.

I didn't find this file but a file called "R88D-1SNxxx" with all 1S series file.

I fix the problem managing with ESI file delating all the part of R88D-1SN04H rev1.2 bucause  codesys istalled that version but my rev is 1.1 

I wonder if you really can overwrite the EEPROM driver of the servo... Not sure how you managed to do that, if that's the case.

I made the overwrite with command write "E2PROM" as you can see in picture "E2PROM_error" attach belowE2PROM_error.thumb.PNG.9b3caf79e5ed0fa19

Did you have successfully connected to the servo before this happens?

I had a successfully connection with serve because the test program called slaveinfo inside a SOEM library return me the error that you can see in picture "E2PROM_error1"

the screenshot of "E2PROM_error1" is the implementation of the class, I lost the screenshot of the error when it occured.e2PROM_error1.thumb.PNG.8387805cdf18c5fa

I certainly haven't seen this kind of issue before...
Not sure if I can help more on this, but I believe the Write E2PROM function that Beckhoff presented will not overwrite any firmware inside the device. It will only overwrite the parameter drive values.

Now if I'm not wrong, you are trying to connect to the drive using a regular PC, and not the IPC / PLC. In that case you should try to disable the EtherCAT sync mode (usually it's called DC Sync I believe). For what I know, regular PC won't support any DC Sync connection attempt and thus will cause unintentional errors, since the CPU clock cannot keep up with the sync process.

Edited by innoaloe
1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, innoaloe said:

Not sure if I can help more on this, but I believe the Write E2PROM function that Beckhoff presented will not overwrite any firmware inside the device. It will only overwrite the parameter drive values.

I suppose that you are right, I red that with "write E2PROM" you write the E2PROM that contains parameter values of the drive and not the firmware one... sorry for mistake!

6 minutes ago, innoaloe said:

Now if I'm not wrong, you are trying to connect to the drive using a regular PC, and not the IPC / PLC. In that case you should try to disable the EtherCAT sync mode (usually it's called DC Sync I believe). For what I know, regular PC won't support any DC Sync connection attempt and thus will cause unintentional errors, since the CPU clock cannot keep up with the sync process.

I'm using a raspberry with raspbian flashed inside and codesys for raspberry for application that create an executable file that run inside.

I don't know if raspberry support completely DC sync but I saw that with DC sync enable I have a more stable signal (no jitter) mesured with oscilloscope.

Thanks again!

Hi, Sorry for "Steeling" this tread, but my question is pretty similar and relevant so I hope it is ok. I'm also new at this forum by the way.

I’ll try to control a R88D-1SN15H-ECT with a beijer X2 control panel running with Codesys 3.5.13

The communication and everything seemed to be Ok, it was possible to change mode of operation etc. from the mapping/Variable list, but it was not possible switch the drive on. This was most likely because the "switch on disable" bit always was High. (I could never figure out why this was high) There was no alarm in the Codesys or in the Sysmac studio (connected with USB) and running the motor from sysmac was working.

I therefore tried to implement the Safety drive file Omron R88D-1SNxxx-ECT_Modules but after this it looks like the communication is gone. I have never worked with neither Omron servo's or codesys before so some help would be highly appreciated.

5e556ac913c4d_Skjermbilde1.thumb.PNG.5795e556e5b415ed_Skjermbilde2.thumb.PNG.ffe5e556eb8ab3e2_Skjermbilde3.thumb.PNG.a73

I have never used Codesys, use these servos all the time controlled by the Omron PLCs...  Are you certain the drive parameters are set right and your inputs are wired accordingly?

And I don't know Codesys to know if it supports FSoE EtherCAT safety, I would go for the hard-wired safety circuits...