Chandrashekhar Chaudhari

REQUIRED PROFACE HMI CABLE PINOUTS

7 posts in this topic

Can anyone pl share the pinouts of Proface HMI communication cable - GPW-CB02 or GPW-CB02 ??

I want to communicate the laptop with old series Proface HMI which is obsolete.

Not sure if this helps, I GTS (Googled That Stuff) and found an ST Series User Manual that has the pinout ofr a Toll Connector Loop Back, in otherwords, a plug to make sure the unit is communicating properly..

Dsub9P

Pin 1 - CD, Pin 2 - RD, Pin 3 - SD, Pin 4 - ER, Pin 7 - RS and Pin 8 - CS.  Where Pin 1 and 4 are connected together, Pin 2 and 3 are connected together, Pin 7 and 8 are connected together.

Still don't know what the other end of the GPW-CB02 looks like or it's pinout.

You might reach out to the ProSoft Tech Support, as they've always been helpful in my questions.

Here is the diagram for the tool cable for Proface. I have several proface HMI panels that I scavenged from my previous job as they were scrapping machines they let me take any parts I wanted. My intention was to use these for a PLC project but I never could get these to communicate with an Allen-Bradley PLC.

I didn't build my own cables, I found on Ebay USB to Proface cables "GPW-CB03" for about $25 each. They worked well and was able to interface to the software. I just couldn't make heads or tails of the Proface software as it is an old version. I do know they support the PLC, but I just couldn't get it to talk to the PLC.  I do know these cables I bought work.

Mike

HardwareRefGuide.pdf

1 person likes this

I would like to download the HardwareRefGuide, but I am unable to... Could it be reuploaded

Yup, buying the cable seems to be the only option. The problem is it will take time to arrive at my location! I was trying to wire it up myself for the time being!

Thanks for the help Joe