GBUK

NA Variables

15 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm a newbie to this software (HMI - NA5/Sysmac Studio), but does anyone know if when using Numeric "DataEdit" blocks, is there a way of calling up "variables" for Maximum & Minimum values ?

In CX-Designer (NS screens) i was able to call up an indirect address reference for input limits, but there doesn't appear to be a similar feature on the NA HMI. 

Regards

GBUK

They may have static values in them by default. You can overwrite them with a variable.

MrPLCMinMax.jpg.8cd4424a67a75cc6dbd43ef6

1 person likes this

Thanks for your reply IO_Rack,

I don't appear to have that option to overwrite these values. Initially thought it was because i was using "Variable" arrays, but have even tried it with single variables, same result.

Is there a setting somewhere to allow me to implement this??

GBUK 

Capture.PNG

Anyone else with any ideas??? I'm using a "Variable Array" list and want to use the same variable array list for maximum & minimum values. (see above)

GBUK 

There must be something wrong with your software or PC. Are you able to delete the current value? Can you input a static value?

The only thing it is allowing me to do is adjust the numeric value.

Capture1.PNG

IO_Rack

Is or has there been version updates, I'm currently using "Standard Edition 1.17"

As far as i'm led to believe this is the current version for this software.

GBUK

I'm running Version 1.25. You should run your "Omron Automation Software Auto Update" utility. I'm not sure if that was a limitation on that version.

Correct, the older sysmac version won't allow you to use variable inputs for the Min-Max value.
So, update it... I guess...

Have updated Sys Studio to V1.26.0.35. Still no user variable input to Max/min values other than numeric.

I'm guessing you are using Device Version 1.03. Are you able to upgrade via the Change Device dialog?

MrPLC_NA5_Version.jpg.faa49a6ec0b146861d

1 person likes this

IO_Rack

Great minds think alike, after downloading new software version, i randomly went exploring and came across the same thing, and Yeehaw! it works. No doubt this procedure will have to be repeated in the not too distant future.

I have another question relating to this, when i (we) come to download the project to the HMI screen, does the screen require a "Firmware" update or is this taken care of with the software upgrade ?    

Your assist has been greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

GBUK

Question answered, system Firmware updates when it goes on line.

Thanks guys.

GBUK

Nice! Glad you got it working. I would imagine you could put an old firmware version in a new screen but probably not the other way around. I could be wrong. I've had no issues upgrading yet.

1 person likes this

Cheers :-2

thanks again

GBUK