Ojay

panel meter

7 posts in this topic

I create a graphic meter and i want it to read data from the numerical display..how can i do this?

Hi Ojay.

Im assuming you mean you want to display the numerical value onto a HMI?

You will need to find out where the numericla display is written from then copy the device address to your graphic display

Regards

Daniel

You have a GOT ??? just used the same (GOT)device for the Graph meter and numerical display.s

i preview and test  my design  on the preview window.    I have a numerical display tool  and a graphic bar.... I want that when the value on the numerical display changes the fill on the graphic meter should respond accordingly...... the graphic meter should read data from the numerical display......and fill accordingly... i still cannot figure it out

1 hour ago, collinsd70 said:

Hi Ojay.

Im assuming you mean you want to display the numerical value onto a HMI?

You will need to find out where the numericla display is written from then copy the device address to your graphic display

Regards

Daniel

how can i do this?...please explain further

I think you are getting confused with the preview function, this is not a simulation only a graphical overview of your screen.

That said, you can click on the panel meter graphic and modify the displayed value, but it will not dynamically follow your numeric input.

To have it dynamically change the panel meter graphic in line with your numeric input you need to simulate it, which if installed will be accessable under the 'tools' dropdown.

Steve

Edited by nehpets
Spelin

15 hours ago, nehpets said:

I think you are getting confused with the preview function, this is not a simulation only a graphical overview of your screen.

That said, you can click on the panel meter graphic and modify the displayed value, but it will not dynamically follow your numeric input.

To have it dynamically change the panel meter graphic in line with your numeric input you need to simulate it, which if installed will be accessable under the 'tools' dropdown.

Steve

Absolutely right. Thanks for the clarification.