Jerry DD

MR-J3-10B

8 posts in this topic

Hi I need some help I have a MR-J3-10B SERVO DRIVE but I only have a MR-J4-20B in parts am I able to use this as a temporary replacement till I receive the new drive?

No chance!

Motor series(HG-KR/MR for J4 and HF-MP/KP for J3) and resolution are different, not to mention, that you can't run 100W servo with 200W amp. 

actually you can... try:

switch J4 into "J3 compatibility mode" with the ModeChange.exe utility
set param PA19=ABCD, and cycle power to get access to extended params
set param PH18=1, reboot
restore PA19 to whatever it was before

J4 amps know most of the older motors which include at least J2S series HC-*FS and J3 series HF-*P. due to lower encoder resolution performance may suffer somewhat, but they will work. PH18 param disables amp/motor capacity mach check and clears alarm 1A. i wouldn't use amp/motor with a big power difference for the long term, but 200W amp with 100W motor should be fine. AFAIR, MR-J3-10 and MR-J3-20 are physically identical, the only difference is a braking resistor in the later...

and another thing. the J4-B manual explicitly mentions that "J3 compatibility mode" only works with HG- motors. but i tested it and it doesn't seem to be true. and the MR-J4-200B happily drives the HF-SP52 motor under SSCNET III (not III/H) control.

Edited by yurtaev

Yurtaev, класний ти пацан!;-)

This actually might work, but i don't have the hardware to test for the moment...

Where is Pr.PH18? It's not in the Pr. list of MRC2 in any mode... maybe it appears only in J3 compatible mode after write PA01 - 0000 and PA19 - 00AB and cycle power?

With ModeChange tool, also...

Edited by glavanov

hehe :)

hidden params will appear in MRC/MRC2 after you set "Parameter block" PA19=ABCD and reboot the amp. it will also work for J3, J2S, J2 and probably any other mitsubishi drive.

for J3/J4 param PA19=ABCD then "Design evaluation test mode" PH18=1
for J2S param No.40=ABCD then "Test mode 2" No.183=1
for J2 param No.40=ABCD then "Test mode 2" No.96=1

use at your own risk ;)

1 person likes this

Man, are you sleeping with servos under the pillow?! :-)

That's very useful info.

I have one spare JE20B and can test it with HF-KN13 (100W). Ill give it a try for the sport and  the science... resolution i s the same, but different capacity

almost :)

MR-JE,  MR-JN, MR-E should also work.

for fun i even once tried to run a HC-SFS352 (no load) with a MR-J2S-10B amp and it did spin. faulted with overvoltage on too rapid decelerations, but survived just fine

1 person likes this

Axxaxaxa... you manage to spin 3,5kW (17Nm) servo with 100W amp?!

Now, that's the spirit... Мать моя женщина!:clap:

Edited by glavanov