andyk58

HMI/M340 Communication?

14 posts in this topic

Hi

I am using a P342020 together with a HMID642 Magelis Panel.

Using Unity Pro I have successfully downloaded a program to the CPU via USB.

The HMI Panel powers up into 'Initial Start Mode' and is asking me to 'Download the system from your editor.' How is this done?

How should the ethernet connections be made? between PC (with Unity Pro and Vijeo), M340 and HMI panel and where do I set all the IP addresses?

I guess there is documentation somewhere but couldn't find it...!

Regards

Andy

HMID range is programmed with vijeo xd...........Unfortunately i havent done a vijeo xd hmi yet but for what it is worth you can normally set the ip address in the hmi runtime settings when it is a new screen or you must setup a modbus driver in the software and then specify the ip address of the plc and hmi in there and download via usb to the hmi

This link is for using a m221 plc but it at least shows you where to setup hmi settings in vijeo xd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVKj75cykQU

Hi All

Thanks for the reply cHud...but I am using Vijeo Designer 6.2.7.15 SP7 which looks to be a lot different to XD...

Attached is the screen on power up on the HMIG3U touchscreen...I'm not sure what it is asking.

Its saying 'Download the system from your editor?? Very not sure what this means.....

And do I connect via Ethernet or USB...or use an SD card?? And if USB - front or rear port? I have tried them all!

I have used the Runtime Installer successfully over Ethernet from PC to HMI....

So close but.....

Regards

Andy

20190212_124716[1].jpg

Ok i was mistaken....Looks like you can use vijeo designer or vijeo xd.

That screen is what all the vijeo designer hmi's show when 1st powered. You could download with usb but you need the schneider cable. Or if it has a mini usb port any 5 pin mini usb cable should do. The easiest is to press the network icon on the top right and enter the ip you want. Then in vijeo designer specify that your target is that ip and then download to ethernet.

Just to add...no need to use the run time installer. You install directly from within vijeo designer and specifying to download to ethernet. And when the download starts it will notify you if the runtime needs upgrading which it will do when you select yes.

Make sure you put your patch lead into the ethernet port and not the rs485 port

Thanks for the quick reply cHud...

When I right-click the 'project' in the Navigator window of Vijeo, both the 'Start Simulation (Build)' and 'Download to (USB)...or...(Ethernet) selections are greyed-out...

Any clues there?

regards...

Right click on the target (the blue square icon) in the navigator window. Should be right under the project name (at the top of the tree with vijeo green icon).

If it is still grayed out got to help then about and make sure it is licensed.....(but even in a 21 day trial period you can still use all features)

And if you left click on the target you will get all the settings of the screen. and in there you can set the ip where to download to as well

vijeo_download.JPG

Aha....licensing...thats it! I've had this software more than the 21 days. Doh..!

Thank you...been going round in circles here...

So how clever is the Vijeo software? If I uninstall then re-install will I get another 21 days?;-)

if you generate a virtual machine, you can reinstall it on there for another 21 days:slydog:

Note! you can only upload the screens and data from the HMI if the project source code was downloaded with the runtime files.

The runtime files are compiled and not editable.

Steve

Edited by nehpets

this is defeating the purpose of a license and in my view killing the development of the software

20 hours ago, cHud said:

this is defeating the purpose of a license and in my view killing the development of the software

Agreed cHud....it was only because its going to take a month or two to purchase the license through the organisation.....