PLCNOOB24

Drive ABB via eternet only in CX-Programmer

17 posts in this topic

Good morning,

Like stated in the title, I have to communicate to an ABB ACSM1 drive using a FENA-11 with an omron PLC CP1H using only ethernet. No IO are to be used for the communication. I've been searchigng for a while now and dont seem to be able to do any communication. Anyone's ever setup this type of communication? they both have ethernet correctly set up so thats not the issue.

Sorry if its a beginner question I am pretty new to PLC programming as im a university student doing internship.

Thank you for your help

Edited by PLCNOOB24

Please let your Omron hardware.

Thanks,

gtsuport

Just now, gtsuport said:

Please let your Omron hardware.

Thanks,

gtsuport

Sorry im not sure what you mean here... my plc is a CP1H-X40DT1-D if that is what you are asking. using a card CP1W-EIP61

The ABB drive, is this Ethernet (UDP or TCP) or Ethernet/IP?

The CP1W-EIP61 is an Ethernet/IP module. 

You would need Network Configurator for Ethernet/IP to set this up.

I've set the drive for ethernet as a FBA TYPE communication, its passing by the ethernet adaptor FENA-11 to establish communication on a switch connection drive, plc and pc together

You will need the eds file for the ABB drive.

This appears to be Ethernet/IP.

Use Omron Network Configurator to set up the communications.

gtsuport

The CP1H cannot communicate ethernet/IP (As a master) unless you attach a CJ1W-EIP21 to the side of it.  The CP1W-EIP61 is only a slave type device.  This will not work with the hardware that you have.  

1 person likes this

Excellent point Mike!!

I had forgotten about that.

I realised that and changed my PLC to a NX1P2-9024DT1 PLC. I'm trying to figure it out with this one now. Thank you for the precision michael. Also changed from CX-Programmer to sysmac studio for that new PLC

Edited by PLCNOOB24

1 hour ago, PLCNOOB24 said:

I realised that and changed my PLC to a NX1P2-9024DT1 PLC. I'm trying to figure it out with this one now. Thank you for the precision michael. Also changed from CX-Programmer to sysmac studio for that new PLC

Ah! Now this is a different story.  This can work with no problem.  I agree with @gtsuport, get the eds file and it will work.  We can help along the way, let us know when / if you get stuck.

Perhaps start a new thread under NJ Series / Sysmac Studio when you do so.

Just now, Michael Walsh said:

Ah! Now this is a different story.  This can work with no problem.  I agree with @gtsuport, get the eds file and it will work.  We can help along the way, let us know when / if you get stuck. 

I've actually never worked with Sysmac studio so i'm pretty stuck ahah. Also how do I get an eds file ? im using DriveStudio for the drive parameters

You can get the eds file from ABB.

They are on the ABB website.  Just look for FENA11.

gtsuport

Keep searching on the ABB site and if you cannot find the files you need, contact ABB.

Just now, Michael Walsh said:

Keep searching on the ABB site and if you cannot find the files you need, contact ABB.

Perfect thank you