Levent1970

FX5U and FX5-ENET/IP

26 posts in this topic

Hello Guys,

I need some Help to Configure my Program for EthernetIP. I Have to Link my Digital and Analog In-/Outputs to EthernetIP to Control it over a Fanuc Robot.

Has someone do that? Some Ideas? 

You already have the FX5-ENET/IP module. It's just been released.

Do you have:
GX Works3 (Ver. 1.050C or later)
EtherNet/IP Configuration Tool for FX5-ENET/IP (Ver. 1.00A or later)
X5U/FX5UC (Ver. 1.110 or later)

Edited by Gambit
2 people like this

My Problem is, I have a FX5U with 1.066, its not running with the E-NET/IP, I Just Ordered one with 17X0001 or Higher Serial Number.

Have you an Example how i can Build my Program to Communicate my Digital IN X1 over EthernetIP ?

You are sure you want to communicate with "Ethernet/IP" - the protocol? And not Ethernet or TCP/IP? There's a huge difference in the two, so a precise answer here will clarify a lot. The reason I'm asking is because I googled "Digital IN X1" and at first glance it looks to be a door-entry system. Could you specify the manufacturer and model-number you want to communicate with using the FX5?

And just to be sure, it is the protocol Ethernet/IP transferring over Ethernet you want to use?

I Have to Communicate with a Fanuc Robot Arcmate 100iD, its running ArcTool Software and the Fanuc is the Server. Ethernet/IP is the Recommended Field Bus System of the Customer.

Edited by Levent1970

I made setup for Fanuc using Ethernet/IP network. However I had to use special C type CPU for Q-series Mitsubishi.

Comunication is set-up using dedicated software: EIP4CCPU from Mitsubishi.

I've never seen FX5U which is using Ethernet/IP protocol

They send me (I hope it arrives in the next Days) an FX5U with Firmware  Ver. 1.110 or later. It will be Possible with that one. Can you send me an Example, how you Build your Program for Share your In- and  Outputs with the Fanuc?

I got the Parts today, after Update my new FX5U to 1.110, no Errors now. The EthernetIP Configuration Tool have found the ENET/IP Module. Now, how can I Share my In and Outputs over the ENET/IP Module with the Fanuc?

I'm made only settings for Q-series, but maybe it could be similar:

1. Make configuration of Fanuc robot (I belive you purchased required option) - need to set up IP adress in same group like PLC and DI/DO amount

2. Using Mitsubishi ENET/IP configuration tool need to set correct IP adress for CPU

3. Add Robot controller to the network - you need correct EDS file (I have for R30iB)

4. Set correct IP for robot controller, size of I/O (same amount as you did on robot controller) and finally adress where comunication signals should be send (in my case Ethernet IP module was istalled just after CPU so Input adress was U3E1\G10000, and Output U3E0\G10000)

5. In GX Works you need to transfer those adresses to some register. I used command BMOV. Example: BMOV U3E1\G10000 D800 K33

U3E1\G10000 - from where

D800 - to where

K33 - amount of words

hope somehow it can be helpful.

1 person likes this

Thank you !!! have you a Link for the EDS file of the R30iB ?

I got from Fanuc. Give me your e-mail - I will send to you.

I have GX Works3 1.52E

Why i see only the ENET, but no ENET/IP module in the information module list?

2 hours ago, glavanov said:

I have GX Works3 1.52E

Why i see only the ENET, but no ENET/IP module in the information module list?

My guess is that you have to choose a "Gen. Intelligent Module", and use the "external" (not built in to GW3) configurator for the Ethernet/IP module.

@glavanov: Do you also have an FX5 Ethernet/IP module available? And gotten the software package to program it?

No, i'm just tuning my knowledge... ;-)

i only have the cfg tool.

The ENET/IP manual says, that the module should be in the list!

No luck with Gen. Intelli module...

If someone can't find the tool: https://eu3a.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/en/service/download/sendfile?form_submit_orig=Download+now+with+the+standard+filename&id=13232&sendName=FX5ENET-IP+Configuration+Tool+1.00.zip&useOrgName=true&orgName=FX5ENET-IP+Configuration+Tool+1.00.zip&doc_type=doc_loc&part_1=0&fileNameCreated=FX5ENET-IP+Configuration+Tool+1.00.zip&fileNameManual=

Edited by glavanov

Just now, glavanov said:

The ENET/IP manual says, that the module should be in the list!

Then you'll have to wait for the topic starter, or someone else to answer. I don't have the module, nor the cfg tool so as mentioned it was a guess... Good luck tuning :-)

10 hours ago, glavanov said:

You need just manually install profile for this module. You can find profile in Configuration tool.

к.JPG

кк.JPG

ккк.JPG

3 people like this

Oh, here we go! :-2

And restart GX W3 after adding the profile. Then you see the module in the list.

Thank you Clear.Mind. Let the force be with you! ;-)

Tuning complete.

I Give you here what i found out:

For Open the Communication with the Module:

M_FX5ENETIP_ConnectionOpen_00A_1(i_bEN:= TRUE ,i_stModule:= FX5ENETIP_1 ,i_uConnectionNo:= 1);

To Write WORDs TO the Module

M_FX5ENETIP_Class1SetOutputData_00A_1(i_bEN:= TRUE ,i_stModule:= FX5ENETIP_1 ,i_uConnectionNo:= 1 ,i_uOutputData:= D0 );

To Read WORDs FROM the Module

M_FX5ENETIP_Class1GetInputData_00A_1(i_bEN:= TRUE ,i_stModule:= FX5ENETIP_1 ,i_uConnectionNo:= 2);

To the Robot from the Module:

FX5ENETIP_1.unVal_Class1OutputDataOffset_Connection_D[1] := INT_TO_WORD(EIP_Istwert_Strom);
FX5ENETIP_1.unVal_Class1OutputDataOffset_Connection_D[2] := DINT_TO_WORD(REAL_TO_DINT(EIP_Istwert_Spannung));
FX5ENETIP_1.unVal_Class1OutputDataOffset_Connection_D[3] := INT_TO_WORD(EIP_Errechneter_Sollwert_Pulvermenge);

From the Robot to the Module

EIP_Sollwert_Transferstrom := WORD_TO_INT(FX5ENETIP_1.unVal_Class1InputDataOffset_Connection_D[2]);
EIP_Sollwert_Pulvermenge := WORD_TO_INT(FX5ENETIP_1.unVal_Class1InputDataOffset_Connection_D[3]);

I cant Test it and I need a Solution to Send and Receive my Bit`s with the Robot.

Edited by Levent1970

What is the workflow to communicate 2 devices?

1. I have added FX5-ENET/IP as described
2. I have configured Network in Ethernet IP Configuration tool (be adding eds files)

What to do next? How could I check bits mapping? 

Has anyone a good step by step tutorial about Eth/IP communication configuration?

Fx5-enet/ip on Mitsubishi pages, the first device send bits start u1/g60000 and get hits on u1/g12000

I have two FX5 PLCs and I want to communicate using FX5-ENET/IP modules. 

First PLC1 Eth/IP module IP: 192.168.003.100
Second PLC2 Eth/IP module IP: 192.168.003.102

I downloaded configurations using FX5-ENET/IP config1.png and config2.png

config1.PNG

config2.PNG

On both modules MS LED is green.

I have also installed FX5-ENET/IP blocks - fbenetip.png.

fbenetip.PNG

Now I want to create simple program to set boolean in PLC1 and read it in PLC2.

There is function in PLC1:

M_FX5ENETIP_Class1GetInputData_00A_2(i_bEN:= TRUE ,i_stModule:= FX5ENETIP_1 ,i_uConnectionNo:= 1 , o_uInputData=> D1000);

And function in PLC2:

M_FX5ENETIP_Class1SetOutputData_00A_1(i_bEN:= TRUE ,i_stModule:= FX5ENETIP_1 ,i_uConnectionNo:= 1 ,i_uOutputData:= D1000);

1. When I set D1000 to 1 in PLC2 it does not appear on PLC1. What am I missing? Error in U1\G6262 is H010F so TCP/IP error

2. What should I put as i_uConnectionNo? Should I set something in ExternalDevice configuration?

externaldevice.PNG
3. How should I set which bits are exchanged?

Sorry for questions but I am a Siemens guy. Everything in Siemens is simple. You drag and drop module define memory area which is exchanged and then use addresses from that area in the program.

Edited by ks

On 7/20/2019 at 1:05 PM, ks said:

Sorry for questions but I am a Siemens guy. Everything in Siemens is simple. You drag and drop module define memory area which is exchanged and then use addresses from that area in the program.

You can do the same with Mitsubishi just use the regular ethernet port on the CPU. Simple PLC communication settings.

Edited by Gambit

Just now, Gambit said:

You can do the same with Mitsubishi just use the regular ethernet port on the CPU. Simple PLC communication settings.

Ok, but I need to do Ethernet IP communication. I want to learn how to configure it.