Nyame Ephraim

Hi, please can somebody help me elaborate this ladder logic project ?

32 posts in this topic

Hi, thanks for the reply, since  ( It sounds like you really need someone to look over your shoulder as you work through this ) you are right. as it requires collective ideas coz the task is tough !

On 1/31/2019 at 1:46 PM, Nyame Ephraim said:

the human machine interface is bad that is panel-view 600.

On 1/31/2019 at 1:46 PM, Nyame Ephraim said:

now since the Allen Bradley panel-view 600 is bad

your HMI is not PanelView600, it is PanelView600Plus (programming software for them is different).

Hello Sir thanks for the contribution. i need to understand the ladder logic diagrams first. looking at ladder 5 you will see real world outputs as indicated in the electrical diagrams. now looking at the inputs of the ladder diagrams they are made up of registers , in this situation how do i figure out the real time input. coz if you check the input data file, it show some inputs are ON but i cant figure their locations on the diagrams.

4 hours ago, Nyame Ephraim said:

Hello Sir thanks for the contribution. i need to understand the ladder logic diagrams first. looking at ladder 5 you will see real world outputs as indicated in the electrical diagrams. now looking at the inputs of the ladder diagrams they are made up of registers , in this situation how do i figure out the real time input. coz if you check the input data file, it show some inputs are ON but i cant figure their locations on the diagrams.

Ok, a quick way to evaluate this is to go to your input data file and click on usage to see if any inputs are used.  Doing this I see 4 inputs used in the program.  I can right click on any of those inputs and select cross reference or find all and I will get information on exactly where in the program those inputs are located.  I find inputs in program files 6 and 8.  Keep in mind that the PanelView can also directly access such inputs so such inputs may be directly accessed by the PV screen.

21 hours ago, Nyame Ephraim said:

in this situation how do i figure out the real time input. coz if you check the input data file, it show some inputs are ON but i cant figure their locations on the diagrams.

this situation is no different than any other. looking up used tags/memory locations is done with cross-reference.

if you don't have PLC software, you can still open PLC1.pdf and search for inputs (Ctrl+F then type I:). as mentioned, only four inputs are used in PLC program and their addresses are

I:0/16 to I:0/19

All four of them are on a PDF page 8 (schematics sheet 7).

On 2/4/2019 at 11:14 AM, Nyame Ephraim said:

Hi, thanks for the reply, since  ( It sounds like you really need someone to look over your shoulder as you work through this ) you are right. as it requires collective ideas coz the task is tough !

nope... just need someone who has done PLC programming,. one person is plenty. you should be the one watching over the shoulder.

Hello Sir, thanks for the reply. all the 4 inputs have been located and labeled as required. they are additional 4 inputs also used for flow rate. but i did not locate them on the data input file. 

am doing direct verification's from the inputs and outputs once am done i will come out with documents identifying what input goes to were, and same with the output. 

(nope... just need someone who has done PLC programming,. one person is plenty. you should be the one watching over the shoulder.) ( i studied electrical and control engineering, i did PLC programming as well, but am a fresher, coming across tasks like this builds me with a good experience) (remember the story of Thomas Edison and 2000 filament) once more sir thank for you constant contribution i appreciate.