LinPLC

Uploading Error On Studio 5000 V28.03.00

4 posts in this topic

Insert existing attachment

A lot of automation cells we get done are made outside of shop so we don't typically have any current acd files for the plc. I am trying to make changes to the program but uploading seems to be giving me some problems. The initial upload seems to work fine I can select a file to save to and I begin to see the file being upload, the problem comes after about two minutes near the end of the upload. Attached is the error I see after the upload stops. Has anyone seen this problem before and know of a solution? Any help would be appreciated.

Current controller

Studio 5000 Logix Designer 28.03.00 1756-L71S

Error.png

There is a tech note that talks about this, it requires TechConnect:

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/878545/page/1

Basically, it can be caused by having an asterisk at the beginning of a tag comment or symbols anywhere in the project documentation (music notes, smiley faces, etc). Unfortunately, the suggested fixes have to be done while downloading to the PLC, not when uploading (fix the documentation or uncheck the "Download Project Documentation and Extended Properties" box under controller properties). You would need the latest ACD file.  Do you have even an older ACD file for that PLC?

ETA: It also says NOT to uncheck that box if it's a safety controller using Add-On instructions. So be careful.

Edited by Joe E.
1 person likes this

Thanks for the quick response Joe,

Currently I do not have any older ACD files for this project. I will try to get at least a recent update for the PLC. I was unaware of the safety controller add-on instructions information.

Cheers

Apparently the safety controller thing is a known anomaly in v28, corrected in v29. Of course, that doesn't help you if you can't upload what's there. I don't know if the upload issue is fixed in v29 or not.