Lakshmi

Rotation animation in Factory talk view

12 posts in this topic

Helo All,

Thanks for your support on my previous quiry.

Iam now facing an issue with rotation animation of a motor in factory talk view.

I have a screen containing 5 motors and good number of numerical displays.

Numerical displays need to be updated just every seconds ,so i changed screen updation rate in SCADA as 1,

changing so decreased my motor rotation speed.

so do i have any other option to change motor animation fast keeping numerical display screen updation rate as 1 second??

i have used the tag  syste/blinkfast

Could you not just update your motor speed every 1 second from the PLC Tag then keep your HMI settings the same as before?

Regards

Daniel

agreed keep the hmi setting the same, update the motor speed using a 1 second timer?

I think he's wanting to have the animation continue at it's high speed update while only updating the data displays every 1 second.

What drives the animation? Is it a tag in the PLC?

sorry, yes thats what i meant put the hmi back to original settings and just update the speeds using timer

Ah, I see. I misread your reply too. I guess it also depends on why he reduced the update rate in the first place. To save network traffic or to just slow down how often the numbers change on the display? If it's just to reduce how often they change on the display, he could buffer them in the PLC, but if he wants to reduce network traffic, that won't help.

maybe the speed is jumping about too much, perhaps an average calculation for the motor speed may give a smoother display too?

16 hours ago, collinsd70 said:

Could you not just update your motor speed every 1 second from the PLC Tag then keep your HMI settings the same as before?

Regards

Daniel

Thanks for your response sir.

How can i set plc tag updation rate in Factory talk view, sir?

In Ftview I have seen screen updation rate only.no option in tag configuration window i think.

This was possible with RSView32.I have seen an option to set scan class for each tag there.

13 hours ago, Joe E. said:

Ah, I see. I misread your reply too. I guess it also depends on why he reduced the update rate in the first place. To save network traffic or to just slow down how often the numbers change on the display? If it's just to reduce how often they change on the display, he could buffer them in the PLC, but if he wants to reduce network traffic, that won't help.i

Reason is the latter one sir,I want to slow down how often values are updating.

Are you getting the speed information from a VSD? if so move the speed value to a tag which is triggered  by a timer to update the value every second.

Edited by matt_C_25

5 hours ago, Lakshmi said:

Thanks for your response sir.

How can i set plc tag updation rate in Factory talk view, sir?

In Ftview I have seen screen updation rate only.no option in tag configuration window i think.

This was possible with RSView32.I have seen an option to set scan class for each tag there.

I would look at 2 options...move your tag to a temp which updates on a 1 or 2 second clock pulse or use an AOI for collecting the average every few seconds.

If you want to use a clock pulse; you should collect the WallClockTime in a GSV, if you want to do a average update, I can send you an AOI....

Regards

Daniel

Edited by collinsd70

If you want a very accurate sample every x amount of time, you can also use a periodic task. For what you're describing, though, it sounds like it doesn't have to be super accurate, so you can just use a self-resetting timer

SampleTimer.PNG.79214a2d305579a3eed79855

Your HMI would display SampleDest.

1 person likes this