RomainP

FactoryTalk - One button cannot be opened on SCADA

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

My problem is that on my SCADA interface, I have a series of buttons that allows me to reach PID controller, but one of them is not working properly!

I checked the VBA code behind the button and everything seems good, the problem seems to be related to the display of the button. The only thing I did was moving the button from it's initial position and now it's unable to open.

In attachment there is a picture of the box explorer on the programming interface,

RPchoose files... Click to choose files

50739449_287162118633199_5967436855371628544_n.png

any chance it's opening the popup but off the visible display?

Check to make sure the VBA code and the display are set to open with the limits of the main window.

It could be  that the button "lives" on top of an invisible area that has the "on button down" code attached to it.

First of all, thanks a lot for you fast replies!

@pcmccartney1

I would like to know how do I know that my VBA code and my display are not set to open with the limits of the main window? I didn't touch the VBA code so the problem could be in the display. Do you know how I can my program pop in the visible display?

@Michael Lloyd

Yes it might be the problem! Do you think that putting it in the initial position could solve the problem? Otherwise how can I confirm that this is the problem and if it is how do I solve it? Is there any thread that already talked about this problem?

Thanks a lot to both of you...

Romain

1 person likes this

If there is an "invisible box" you should be able to select it by clicking in the area that contains the box. I've used the "invisible box" method to place a button with password permissions behind the visible button then use scripting to make it active (on top) when someone logs in with the correct password. 

@Michael Lloyd

Hello! Thanks for your reply! What I understand is that there is a button that is visible and his function is aesthetic and the other one is the functional one (invisible). You can look on the picture to confirm we are talking about the same think! Even if I can click on the invisible one, it still doesn't open the code that I am trying to open. I don't think the problem is linked to the VBA code as I said.

mrplc3.JPG

mrplc2.JPG

mrplc.JPG

Edited by RomainP

I have one last idea - Is there a password in the system or on the button that would disable running scripts or VB?

@Michael Lloyd on our system, we don't have a password and also on the button. 

Thanks so much for your help. 

Romain

1 person likes this