vanquangtk

Simliar Mitsubishi functions in Allen Bradley

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I would be really thankful if someone could help me .

Recently, I start using Allen Bradley PLC and HMI.  Before, I used most of .
I have difficulty in seeking some similar Mitsubishi functions  in Allen Bradley.
- First, I don't know how to switch HMI screen by using instruction in Allen Bradley PLC.In Mitsubishi PLC, I can do that by move a number to base screen register D0.
But I can't find the similar register/tag in Allen Bradley.
zywDLr8R
- Second, I don't know which bit, relay, timer, counter, register will latch it's value when power turn off. In Mitsubishi, I can know that by looking at FX parameter.
May anyone give me favour, thanks.
S08aAv
Edited by vanquangtk

same thing... it is all in the manual.

i have not used PLC in recent years but AB allows screen switching just like (if not simpler than) others.

you don't specify AB PLC model but in general, all data in AB is retained.

also this is easy to test - deploy empty project, put values in tags or data tables manually (not by program). reboot and check what is not cleared.

coil instruction (OTE) will always clear output on powerup (as if rung condition was false during first scan)

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, panic mode said:

i have not used PLC in recent years but AB allows screen switching just like (if not simpler than) others.

I read the manual "FactoryTalk View Site Edition User's Guide", and I see the only way to switch screen is creating a switching button in HMI screen. But that is not exactly what I want.

17 hours ago, vanquangtk said:

I read the manual "FactoryTalk View Site Edition User's Guide", and I see the only way to switch screen is creating a switching button in HMI screen. But that is not exactly what I want.

This is the only way I have ever done it. You need to create a switching button on the HMI. But you can add Animation to the button to make it visible/invisible based on a tag value in the PLC. You can use this to make it impossible to switch screens, unless a certain condition is met in the PLC. I'm not aware of any way to switch screens just by using an instruction in the PLC. Hope this helps.

1 person likes this

We don't use SE anywhere, but we have a lot of PV+ HMIs, so we use ME. My response is based on using FT View Studio for ME. I can't guarantee that your steps will be the same.

There's a "Global Connections" item in the "System" folder of the project tree. Go to the "Display" tab and there are entries for "Remote Display Number" and "Replace Display Number". Click the "Help" button in that dialog box for information on them.

Also note that you will have to right-click on the background of each display and select "Display Settings" Each display will need a unique display number for this to work the way you want.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Joe E. said:

We don't use SE anywhere, but we have a lot of PV+ HMIs, so we use ME. My response is based on using FT View Studio for ME. I can't guarantee that your steps will be the same.

There's a "Global Connections" item in the "System" folder of the project tree. Go to the "Display" tab and there are entries for "Remote Display Number" and "Replace Display Number". Click the "Help" button in that dialog box for information on them.

Also note that you will have to right-click on the background of each display and select "Display Settings" Each display will need a unique display number for this to work the way you want.

Thanks @Joe E., I finally found it. It is exactly what you wrote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf64oco88S8&list=PL7BAkmD1dytiKRUTJTYTGD_uQX7UpbzdW&index=4