Fourdigger

Panelview 1000 does not display correct input

3 posts in this topic

Hello I would like to first let everyone know I am new to the world of troubleshooting or programming plc's . What we have is a SLC500 system that is connected to a Panelview 1000 HMI via the DH+ network. The issue we have is the panelview displays a gate that is suppose to be closed at as gate fault. When i connect to the plc the ladder rung shows that the gate is closed. To show various positions of the gate the programmer used N13:70 as gate opened and N13:71 as gate faulted and N13:72 as gate closed. When i checked the logic it showed the bit N13:72 as engaged or true if you will. This logic is in the ladder rung that is labeled PV Status which i take is the status the HMI reads so my question is why does it show GF when it should be reading GC. Ive searched all through the logic and it doesnt appear to be wrong here is the logic the best I can simulate it

ladder 6 rung  53  instruction is  XIC O:13.0/11 and OTE N13:76/0 (Gate Open ) and the branch is XIC I:5.0/11and OTE N13:76/1 (Gate Fault) next branch is XIC N13:3/11 and OTE N13:76/2 (Gate Closed which this section is green or highlighted or true which ever you like)

when i looked at the input XIC N13:3/11 this is what I found is that this XIC is on ladder four rung10 and has the following

XIC T4:154/DN and branchoff that is XIC I:5.0/11(gate opened)XIC I:6.0/11(gate closed) which these two inputs are false or not lighted the output is OTL N13:3/11 and it is true which makes the previous rung true showing the gate closed. So why is the panelview showing the wrong position. I even went as far as resetting the HMI and the PLC so if anyone has a helpful hint I would greatly appreciate it.

How is this addressed in the HMI? Does the HMI tags match the PLC? 

Hmmmm

Can you attach your PLC and HMI files here?