SolidRio

FX5U - High-speed counter+encoder

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. 

I found a cheap encoder S48-8-1000ZT (1000 pulses) and connect him to FX5U's X0 and X1 (2 phase - 1 edge mode, if i can trust manual - it allows me detect all pulses below 200 kHZ frequency). Changed input response time to 10micro-s. I created a program that simply look at this counting and make some math. If i am rotating encoder with fingers slowly - all works great (my mark matches at encoder and 1000 pulses in program), but if i turn it by 1 sharp fast move and then again and again - marks move by half turn at for example at 10000 pulses. 

So i need your experience. Whats going wrong? Is plc dont have enough response speed? Or something wrong with encoder? Or with my configuration?

I need to use FX5U and encoder at 1500 r/min motor (with another encoder), so i need to test it before going on object.

1 hour ago, SolidRio said:

Hello everyone. 

I found a cheap encoder S48-8-1000ZT (1000 pulses) and connect him to FX5U's X0 and X1 (2 phase - 1 edge mode, if i can trust manual - it allows me detect all pulses below 200 kHZ frequency). Changed input response time to 10micro-s. I created a program that simply look at this counting and make some math. If i am rotating encoder with fingers slowly - all works great (my mark matches at encoder and 1000 pulses in program), but if i turn it by 1 sharp fast move and then again and again - marks move by half turn at for example at 10000 pulses. 

So i need your experience. Whats going wrong? Is plc dont have enough response speed? Or something wrong with encoder? Or with my configuration?

I need to use FX5U and encoder at 1500 r/min motor (with another encoder), so i need to test it before going on object.

Post your code? Are you using high-speed processing instructions?

I've found the problem. 

i was using this scheme - https://prnt.sc/m7rckj . So i've removed resistors from circuit and it start to work well even if i turn it by fast moves.