vinittaware

CJ2M-CPU35 and LS drives

15 posts in this topic

Hello,

I want to do communication between CJ2M-CPU35 and LS drives. I am new to Omron.I searched the manuals regarding protocol macro.but it's bit confusing for me.please send if anybody have the sample program and document so that I can do it.Please support.

Also I need to communicate Citect SCADA with CJ2M-CPU35 on Ethernet, please send me the documents if you have.

Thanks

For Citect SCADA use the OMFINS driver included with Citect. Make sure it is the latest driver. Details for setting up come with the driver.

Here is a link for Protocol Macro code for Modbus RTU. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/files/file/259-modbus-protocol-macro/

Edited by BobB
1 person likes this

Hello,

Thanks for support.
But how the CX-protocol file is made?
how sequences run?

1 person likes this

If you have a look in the download section the source code is there - pull it apart.

1 person likes this

Hello Bob,

Thanks for your support....

I have one question that can we use the PMCR instruction more than once means one for read and other for write....

Thanks

1 person likes this

Yes - I use a counter that is triggered by the busy flag to go onto the next read or write. Sometimes even the reads are sprayed all over the place and if you try to read too many registers there is something in the slave that stops the process. Also many slave devices have a limit as to how many registers can be read. Woodward controllers used to have a 30 word limit - now 100 - much better. Black Magic is comms mate! LOL

Thanks,

Now I am understanding the flow...

PMCR-->CX-PROTOCOL-->Sequence...

Now I have some D area for MODBUS..

D0000 - No of words.

D0001-Slave Address

D0002 -Function Code

D0003- Start Address

D0004- No of words to read

And D00100 is receive area.....

Individual slaves are triggered by timer,it changes the common area for send and receive.

Now one thing I don't know how to create message in CX-Protocol.

Please reply 

Thanks again for your support.....

There are instructions on how to set up the code in the PLC - you just download the CX-Protocol file to the serial card - everything is done in the PLC.

Here is some sample PLC code for reading from three different register areas in a Caterpillar engine. You can also include error bits and the like if you wish. Please read the manual that comes with the file.

Untitled.cxp

Hello,

Is the SCB as CP1W-CIF12 is ok for MODBUS with CJ2M-CPU35.

Or I have to buy SCU for this CPU??

Thanks

SCU card for mine.

1 person likes this

Hello,

Thanks for reply,I am using SCU31-V1.

I have downloaded the CX protocol only for Master-03 Sequence(deleted other sequences) and Downloaded CX project of PLC.

All the LED status is good, but I am not able to receive data.

I am attaching the files.Please check and reply.

Thanks

PMCR.cxp

PSW1.psw

Manual iG5.pdf

Edited by vinittaware

Hello Bob,

Thanks for your support.I am attaching the files of CX programmer CJ2M- CPU35 and CX protocol.

Program Description :-

1.Power On :- In this all the details of slave are written to 'D' Memory area when PLC is powered on first cycle.

2.Slave Polling :- Its counter increasing 1 sec selects the operation and sends to PMCR

3.Slave_1 :-Loads Read1 memory area to PMCR,Same as Read1,Read2,Read3,Write1 and Write2 memory area is added to PMCR.

I am able to read/write the values to VFD.

Now can you please look the CX file,I need your suggestion for diagnostic of ports.I need to add the diagnostic bits for slaves.Also If you see any bug,please tell.

Thanks again for your great supports.

PMCR.cxp

PSW1.psw

1 person likes this

Cannot help you there. I did not write the protocol macro. I guess when sending to a slave look for a response back and if you do not get one flag it. I am no good at writing macros.

1 person likes this