deon1123

GXworks2 can't detect error

6 posts in this topic

I am using gxworks2but it doesn't detect any (Structured text) programming error. And my "check program" is greyed out. Is it normal? When I build all with an major error, it doesn't detect.

Hi deon1123.

The compiler will NOT report any instruction errrors if the necessary POU isnt called in a cyclic task.

Have you got this set up in your main program call?

I dont know about GXW2..but in IEC Developer Land; there will be a small red asterix next to any program that isnt compiled.l, so if you do a complete compile with no errors then this simply means this program has been ignored.

Regards

Daniel

Edited by collinsd70

Hi collinsd70,thanks for the reply.

Yes it didnt compile my POU. Is there a setting to allow the POU to be compile/called in?Do advise.

When i click to open un-compiled file,my whole project got highlighted. How to set it to be included in the compile.

Regards

Deon

@deon1123: Drag and drop your POU name from POU tree into "Program Setting" (Execution program). Make sure it is listed somewhere under execution program to ensure the code is executed.

@kaare_t Oh thanks but do you know if there is a different between initial,scan ,fixed scan and standby. 

Yeah:

• Initial is meant for initial processing only (like startup routines)
  • Scan is meant for continously scanning (normal code)
  • Fixed is meant for a predefined scantime (e.g. scan each 50ms with an interrupt to start)
  • Standby is meant for... well... "Standby" (if you have a code that is standing by to take over if someting occurs)

Most likely you'll want to use Scan.