Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nurlaub

ControlLogiX 5581E – Memory Dump and Binaries

2 posts in this topic

I had two esoteric question I was curious if anyone might be able to help with.

First, I am playing around with way to monitor the internals of a PLC and I was curious if anyone has any idea on why to pull the internal memory off a ControlLogix 5580. Ideally, I would like to avoid just directly reading the config out and reading individual tags. I prefer to be able to get a little deeper.  Something similar to the crash dump, the RSlogix software can generator or something like the S7dump.exe tool for the S7 PLCs i.e. getting at the actual memory in specific memory addresses.

Second, I was curious if anyone knew anyway to grab the actual binary are sent over to the controllogix after the RSLogix 5000 processes a configuration file. In this case I am looking for something similar to the binary files in codesys not the project file. This might be an assumption. Maybe RSLogix doesn’t ever produce anything like that but I figured I would ask

Rockwell used to have a tool like that but it disappeared really fast as well. Some old programmers have it and I have been looking for a copy ever since.

Rockwell has still some sample code that shows it existed. Go to their website sample code and search for RSLOGIX5000 Command Line Tool Demo.

Now, Rockwell wants you to use different methods in order to pull all information in: PLC tag/upload download tool , Logix task monitor... 

Edited by Izzybe