Natascha De Craene

Micrologix1200 - unable to go online

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I programmed several Micrologix 1200 (all the same version ) with RSLogix500 (4.00.00.60)

But the last one gives me an error message when trying to go online:

Upload Failed!
Decompiler -> Unknown error.

I see the ML1200 in RSLinx and RSLogix500, the only difference is that is "untitled" (see attachement). Could that be the issue?

I also toggled the COM push button, with noo result.

Any help would be appreciated.

I already browsed older topics on this site, but with no result.

Regards,

Natascha

Knipsel.PNG

Knipsel1.PNG

knipsel5.PNG

Edited by Natascha De Craene

I'm not finding much on the knowledgebase, and nothing that's specific to the ML1200. Two things are mentioned:

1) There's an empty data file. Upload the file using RSLogix 500 v4.0 or newer, expand the data file so it's not empty, and re-download (applies to ML1500).

2) The project was downloaded to the PLC using APS or AI SLC500 software (applies to SLC500 fixed IO and SLC 5/01,5/02).

I'd guess that neither is your problem, but since your PC is able to upload from the other ML1200s with no issue, I suspect the controller. Is it in a machine and running? I wonder what the 1200 looks like when it's empty... We don't have any of those, so I can't test that for you.

Hi,

Doing some search on the internet I found that apparently the error is due to the fact that the version of RSLogix 500 that you are using cannot handle some part of the program (Data Files, Addressing or something else).

If this is the case, the "solution" is to use a different version of RSLogix 500.

Hello,

I found the solution.

I shouldn't first connect to the ML1200 with RSLogix500. But open my programfile in RSLogix500 and upload it directly to the ML1200.

I get the message that some kind of conversion needs to be done ( see screenshot).

When I click apply the program is loaded into the ML1200.

Still strange that I can't connect to an "empty" ML1200. Especially this one… all the others just went fine.

Anyway thanks for your help.

inladen8.PNG

Edited by Natascha De Craene