LD_M

CX-One Programmer Start up error_OCX

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I just recently opened up my cx-one programmer, last time was a month ago and was surprised at the following errors; 1) " Failed to create the PLC settings OCX," Re-install the application 2) " Failed to create error log OCX" Re-install the application 3) " Failed to create memory card OCX" Re-install the application. Ticking the OK button will eventually proceed to the program page, but I have not yet checked online.

These errors were not existing when I opened the cx-programmer the last time.  Is there someone also experiencing these types of error? What have you done, to correct these errors?

My machine is using;

W10, 64 bit

CX_Programmer v9.7

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Leo

Error_1.PNG

Error_2.PNG

Error_3.PNG

Hi guys,

I tried to re-install again the Cx-One software, but after installation again, I still have the same error.  

Anybody here who has encountered the same issue? What have you done, to resolved such error?

Thanks for any assistance.

Cheers,

Leo

I would try using the CX-One remover utility.  It is in the Utility folder of your CX-One installation disk.  Then reinstall.  Make sure to run as administrator when you run the install.

On 1/9/2019 at 6:40 PM, Michael Walsh said:

I would try using the CX-One remover utility.  It is in the Utility folder of your CX-One installation disk.  Then reinstall.  Make sure to run as administrator when you run the install.

Dear Michael,

I would like to take this as the last possible option, since it will also remove the sysmac program installed  in my pc.

Thanks for the information.

Cheers.

Leo

PITA but sometimes has to be done - I had to do it after a Sysmac Studio update crapped itself. Feel your pain.

Hi Léo,

Was your problem solved?

I've got same problem since, I install a Dell update on my laptop.

On 2/7/2019 at 11:21 AM, Excalibulles said:

Hi Léo,

Was your problem solved?

I've got same problem since, I install a Dell update on my laptop.

Hi Excalibulles,

No clear solution was given, even when I asked Omron, regarding the problem.  The suggestion was to completely remove the installed software and do a clean install again.

So, the suggestion of Michael Walsh, was correct all along, but I took it as the last option.

I used the Omron software cx-one remover utility, to clean the files, and do a clean install again.  I also deactivate the auto-update of Dell laptop ( I also used a dell laptop, w10 64bit ).

I am now using the cx-one without any errors.

Cheers.

Thanks,

I've done it also, and everything Ok right now.