Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Niteman9

No Data on ContolNet from Flex I/O

3 posts in this topic

I have a PLC 5 system using ControlNet and Flex I/O.  We are updating the system and and changed one of the nodes from a 1788-cn2dn to a AnyBus  ControlNet to Ethernet. This works fine and is not the problem. The issue is one of the existing Flex I/0 node is not transmitting date. It is communicating we are just not seeing data in the PLC. The node of the Flex I/O is 26. We have an identical Flex I/O at node 24. When we swap them and readdress them still the node 26 does not show any data in PLC. Therefore we determined the hardware was OK. We deleted node 26 and added back in still not working. We then changed node 26 to node 40. Removed the node 26 from the ControlNet configurations and configured the new node 40. This is working and we are moving on with the project. We would like to understand what is going on here and change it back if we can determine the cause. If not we will have to update all the documentation to show this change.  

Anyone ever see anything like this? We are stumped.

Hi Niteman9.

Bit of a silly question but worth checking; have you checked the module isnt inhibited?

Regards

Daniel.

Module works fine on node 24 or 40 but not when set to 26. Module from node 24 does not work when set to 26.