Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anon.

newly installed M340 problems- plc stops

6 posts in this topic

the agency i work for is in the process of upgrading roughly 50 of these schneider PLCs from the older tsx. Also integrating wonderware/Unity, trio radios- all  shneider products. As a field tech im not involved in the installation of these, this has been contracted. At several of the various stations that have been put online we will see via SCADA a communication failure and it will not return. Upon inspection at the site  the  normally colorful flashing displays across the rack will be dark no status lights illuminated at all. first thought is this power supply is not receiving any power BUT testing with a meter shows 120v at the terminals on the power supply. only when breaker is cycled sometimes a couple times the rack comes back up. we have no idea what could be the cause. have tried simulating power fails, sags swells etc. these also have pure sine ups with avr and its happened with and without those connected. Anybody heard of this??

Hi Anon

Can you connect with unity to these plcs? Because you can see the last cpu fault when online.

There could be multiple things causing this. So its going to be a step by step process of elimination

1 person likes this

Thanks for the reply. Yes I could do that- Would this fault be logged & where would one navigate in unity to find this log?

If you go to the config in project browser then expand the local bus.....then double click on the power supply it will open the rack viewer.....then dbl click on the cpu (not the com ports)......then go to animation you will see the last stop.

There are system words (%SW) that give more details). but this you have to put in an animation table and check what the values mean according to the help file. You will have to go through the help file to see what %sw to check as there are quite a few that can cause plc stops like watchdog, floating point faults etc.

m340_1.JPG

m340_2.JPG

m340_3.JPG

how much history is stored there? im wondering if i will  need to wait until next failure or can i plug into them now and find this info? thanks so much

Only the last stop is showed here... and they normally dont give a lot of details in the animation part. hence the system words that gives a lot more in depth details....but at least the last stop would point you into the right direction